We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

Like the title suggest, I'de like to know of the different transport possibilities between those 2 cities?

Thanks

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
337 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

Private air charter is your best bet. Check out the website for the Sampson Cay Club -- they have a list of the pilots in the area (I've flown with Roland between Staniel Cay and GGT).

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

Hello RedSabre,

Can you tell me when (year) you traveled with Roland and what was the cost, one way or round trip?

Thanks

Edited: 09 January 2013, 19:58
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

I flew with Roland in November and he charged $400 each way.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

Hello RoccosMom,

Was the price for each person OR was it for the total charter plane?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

That was the whole charter. It was just my husband and I. You can get his number from Staniel Cay Yacht club. We are going back to SCYC in March and are considering using him again but it is a bit pricey for two. I am still hoping I can find fast boat transportation between these locations but so far no luck. Happy travels :).

Laurel, Maryland
Level Contributor
337 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

I flew with Roland 3 years ago, at it was $300 for the entire plane (it was just me and my husband). As you see from RoccosMom, the price has gone up.

It's a gorgeous flight; not just transportation, but sightseeing over these amazingly beautiful cays and waters.

Burke, VA
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

I flew with Roland on 1/26/13 and 2/3/13 from Nassau to Staniel Cay. Professional man and squared-away airplane. His number is 242 357 0571.

$550 each way for the plane, but that was NAS, not Georgetown.

Safe travels,

Jack

So. Cal.
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

I would also recommend Island Wings based out of Long Island, Bahamas as being very professional. We flew with Marty Fox last year from Stella Maris to Staniel Cay and it was an excellent experience. Check out their website for rates. Since all flights originate from Stella Maris you may need to add the cost of the Stella Maris to Georgetown route to the flight to Staniel Cay for the total price.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

Being a private pilot (for a hobby, not for hire) I've flown this route at least 4 or 5 times and the scenery is amazing.

Here is a link to some pics when I last flew Staniel Cay to GGT on Nov 9th.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Edited: 23 February 2013, 23:15
10. Re: Air travel from Georgetown to Staniel Cay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Staniel Cay