We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running route around Solva?

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Running route around Solva?

Hi, I'm staying in Solva for a week at the end of next month. A keen runner, I like to keep up with my training whilst on holiday and I've been looking at maps of Solva trying to find a suitable route. Due to a knee problem I can only run a shortish 3 to 4 mile lap now, but looking at the map it seems as if most of the roads are cul-de-sacs and I can't seem to be able to find a circular route. Can anybody who runs in the area let me know of a nice run, even if it's a linear one? Thanks! :) (I'm staying at the Sail Loft in the Main Street, so that'll be my starting and finishing point)

Edited: 09 May 2013, 15:58
6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running route around Solva?

Hi there. If you go to The Harbour Inn, and with your back to it, look at the right hand side of the river, after the car park, there is a path that goes all the way along. You only get cars driving down to drop off boats at the quay, so it's pretty safe. The sailing club cafe is wonderful as well, a little bonus along the way! Hope this helps

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running route around Solva?

Thanks Sue, that's much appreciated! :)

pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running route around Solva?

Hello,

If you turn right out of the Sail Loft and keep left at The Cambrian Inn, it's a very pretty and peaceful 1 mile lane to Middle Mill. Turn left in Middle Mill uphill towards Whitchurch. Pass the church on your left and turn left which will be downhill and leads to Upper Solva. Great views of St Brides bay from this lane. Either back down the main road or if your knees can cope with a footpath, cross the main road into Glan Hafan (alongside Parc Y Capel) and onto the footpath that leads you down to the quay and then it's gravel path back to the Sail Loft .About 3 miles, great views and lanes with wild flowers. I'm not a runner so would add you can get coffee/icecream at both Middle Mill and the quay! If you've got a car, another good one is to park at the Old St David's airfield and run round that. Cement tracks and paths, no cars and good views of Carn Llidi, and opportunities for bird watching.

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Running route around Solva?

Thanks so much PembrokeshireBel, that's really helpful. Counting the days now - we go on Saturday :)

pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Running route around Solva?

Glad I was in time! Enjoy.

6. Re: Running route around Solva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 18:44

Reply to: Running route around Solva?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Solva
Recent Conversations