We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rentals in Fort Morgan

Pittsboro, IN
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
rentals in Fort Morgan

I have found two rentals in the plantation development and both rentals are requesting payment via mailed personal check. Has anyone else had success with renting a condo this was? I am worried about the listing being a scam. Thanks for your input.

Houma, Louisiana
Destination Expert
for Houma
Level Contributor
642 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rentals in Fort Morgan

Personally I would skip it and go on to the next rental. Those entering the market should already be prepared for credit and debit use or even using the homeaway payment service.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
987 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rentals in Fort Morgan

This is what VRBO says about making payments:

Make reservation payment

Here are the most common payment methods in our marketplace:

• Pay through ReservationManager(TM) from VRBO

o Accepts credit cards and eCheck.

o This is the most secure way to pay, and your payment is guaranteed against internet fraud up to $10,000.

• Pay by credit card, check, PayPal or bank transfer

o Before sending money with one of these methods, call the telephone number published on the property listing to confirm your reservation and payment details.

o If the listing does not have a phone number, please contact us for assistance.

o Credit cards offer charge-back protection should there be any issues with your reservation.

o Your payment is guaranteed up to $1,000 if you follow the recommendations listed above.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,362 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rentals in Fort Morgan

The fact that they want a check should not by itself disqualify them. I have often paid by check in different locations. That said. I like paying thru vrbo!

I assume you mean Gulf Shores Plantation.call them and ask if there have been issues there.

Btw.. I don' t send to PO boxes, I try to verify tele numbers and addresses with google searches

4. Re: rentals in Fort Morgan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Morgan
Recent Conversations