We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfer - Stay at Kiva Dunes?

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Golfer - Stay at Kiva Dunes?

We're planning on heading down after Christmas with our toddler for just some relaxation. We're trying to decide which community to stay in. My husband is an avid golfer and we've enjoyed staying on golf resorts in the past (especially having a condo on a hole where we can drink coffee and watch play). Obviously, with the timing, we would require a heated pool for our toddler. Should we stay at Kiva Dunes? A lot of the rentals seem to be too big/expensive for our needs. Is Kiva Lodge okay? It's the off-season and we'd like to pay less than $190/night. Is staying next door at another condo just as good?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfer - Stay at Kiva Dunes?

Kiva Dunes is the nicest course in the area. It is target golf but is a beautiful course. It is expensive though. The cottages and lodge are also nice. There is another golf course down Ft. Morgan called Peninsula that also has condos. It is one of my favorite courses in the area as well. I'm not sure what the prices are. There are plenty of condos available close by. I would also look at the Beach Club just down the road. It has lots of amenities, heated indoor pool, spa on site, multiple restaurants on site. You might check VRBO.com to see if there are any rentals available at any of these places in your range. Rates will be down then and you may find a steal at any of these. I don't know what the cottages at Kiva are going for that time of year. If you want any golf course info let us know. Going to play eighteen tomorrow myself.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfer - Stay at Kiva Dunes?

I would stay at a 1 bedroom condo at The Beach Club which is one half mile from Kiva Dunes. You will have a great beach views and access to a nice indoor heated pool. Prices should be around $100 per night or less that time of the year (wait for the fall/winter specials run by the resort).

3. Re: Golfer - Stay at Kiva Dunes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Morgan
Recent Conversations