We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Squirrel Campsite

Which Glencoe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Red Squirrel Campsite

Hi,

If anyone knows this area will I would just like to ask about the distances from the Red Squirrel campsite to -

- A nice pub that does good breakfasts and evening meals

- The National Trust Visitor Centre

- A little shop for basic groceries.

Does anyone have thoughts on this campsite? I've heard it is quite basic but it appeals to me because it allows fires whereas many other campsites don't.

Thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Squirrel Campsite

http://www.redsquirrelcampsite.com/

It seems to be near the famous Clachaig Inn, 10 minutes walk.

The NTS place is nearer Glencoe village, where there are basic shops.

I don't know anything about the campsite, except the location is amazing.

Plenty of online reviews found via google.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Squirrel Campsite

Thankyou, do you know how far the campsite is from the village?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Squirrel Campsite

Details are given on that site - see 'Map'.

Stonehaven, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Squirrel Campsite

We stayed there a few years ago, and thought it was absolutley fine. Not the best campsite we've stayed in, but not the worst by a long shot.

The toilets were always clean, and the campsite is quite big, so there was plenty of space to set up. And the scenery is just beautiful.

There's pretty decent shop in the village, which is walkable (although we didn't walk it ourselves - we always seemed to be driving anyway when we needed provisions.)

We did walk to the aforementioned Clachaig Inn. It was a nice, friendly pub and the food was excellent. The walk wasn't that bad, downhill on the way back if I remember rightly, which is nice after a few pints :)

Glasgow, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Squirrel Campsite

red squirrel is less than quarter mile from the clackaig hotel it is a brill pub live band ever friday and great food glen coe village shop is aprox 1 mile from campsite as is visitor centre nearest mountain bidean nam bein belter .if traveling by car sugest night camping at rear of kingshouse hotel free great pub with best veiws of the buchuille walk up lost valley or drive down glen etive enjoy

6. Re: Red Squirrel Campsite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Glencoe