We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clachaig Inn.... ?

Which Glencoe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Clachaig Inn.... ?

Hey folks,

Can someone confirm for me, are their TWO clachaig inn's in Glencoe? I've found these two listings on trip advisor, wondering which i've booked!!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186545-…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g315998-d1950…

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

Hi, Just the one establishment - an inn with a pub/restaurant.

If you check the two sets of reviews, you'll see the same photo :)

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

Ah, thanks... I noticed the same photos, but what confused me is the different addresses? One is Ballachulish, the other Fort William? I know they are close but having never been there the different addresses confused me! What lead me to finding this is finding the appropriate address to put into GPS to get me there. After emailing the Inn, they explained that no address will bring directly to their door, but rather get us close... hopefully won't be too difficult to find!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,677 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

I think it is about the only building for miles, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Have you tried looking at a map, eg type "clachaig inn" (without quotes) into Google maps and it shows quite clearly where it is and the address.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

Thanks, Peterscot! I've spent a lot of time in Glasgow and know the city center like the back of my hand, but the highlands are daunting to me! I'm sure it'll be just fine, i'm just neurotic!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

Lucky you staying there. I really like that place

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

Oh, good to hear! I've never been, getting very excited!! Hoping we choose the best walks and sights the two days we will be up there!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

Forget Ballachulish - that's rubbish! TA have it wrong. You head E past Glencoe village and 'round the bend' into the main part of the Glen, then take a sharp left at a bridge. Signposted.

http://goo.gl/maps/L8U8O

There's a back road that goes down into Glencoe Village - some small shops.

Being right below the mountains, the Inn is much frequented by climbers and walkers and is a lively place. It's worth asking about a room not near the bar (probably not a problem).

Walks: I guess you've already looked at walkhighlands.co.uk/fortwilliam/glencoe.shtml ? And the NTS tourist centre will be helpful.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

The postcode shouldn't be far off the mark for your satnav: PH49 4HX

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

THANKS Derek!! I have read about numerous walks... Just not sure which to choose! We are staying two nights.. thinking the first day, we will stop at loch lomond, as we are coming from Glasgow. The following day and perhaps following morning i'd like to explore. I work as a photographer and really want to get some great shots, so choosing the 'best' walk(s) is a big deal to me!

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Clachaig Inn.... ?

This came from the Clachaig Inn website

Loch Achtriochtan & lower Glen One

of the most photographed views in Scotland is that of the beautiful Lochan and the surrounding majestic sights of the Glencoe peaks that makes for a truly spectacular setting. - See more at: clachaig.com/see-do/…sthash.E1eR6a5I.dpuf

Would anyone else back this statement? Id also like to get a nice bit of water to photograph, but I suppose that's what loch lomond is for... wish I had more time to plan!! Thanks so much for all your priceless advice, Trip Advisors's!

Get answers to your questions about Glencoe