We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarians

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarians

We are going to Kuredu in October this year and are both vegetarians - has anyone been who is also a vegetablist and were you well catered for food wise? We dont eat any meat or fish at all, so I'm hoping there is plenty of alternatives?!

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarians

Not been to that island specifically, but those I have been to cater very well for vegi's (the wife is one). Nothing to worry about

Scotland
Level Contributor
656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarians

Hi,

Haven't been myself so can't give you any details but my friend was there on honeymoon last year and she said there was plenty of vegetarian food for her. I'm sure someone with more info will post in due course.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarians

Hi

Not been to Kuredu, but generally there are several pure veggie options at each meal. However, if you let the chef know that you don't eat meat or fish, they will go out of their way to make sure that you are well fed with foods that you like. As with anything else in the Maldives, all you have to do is ask. It might be worth dropping an email to the island before you go, explaining your dietary restrictions.

SL

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarians

All the main restaurants serve everything as buffet meals and there was always plenty of choice, including many vegetarian options. Lots of fresh salads every day, soups (usually beggie), curries etc. (The beetroot curry was delicious to my surprise!). There was always a good selection of desserts as well, although I think you would have to watch out for the gelatine content in quite a few of them. There was always fresh fruit though. The choclate biscuit dessert was my favourite.

The chef is always there cooking up fresh food to order - eggs/omellettes etc in the morning and pasta at lunch/dinner. If there was something specific you wanted I am sure he would oblige. The one we had at the O restaurant was great.

I was really hesitatnt about eating buffet meals in the same place for the whole fortnight, but we enjoyed it so much we didn't even get round to trying any of the other restaurants. They have a theme night every night, some are better than others, but generally the standard of the food was excellent and I am sure you'll have no problems finding something you like each day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarians

Yes Kuredu will have veggie options. My tip is to tactfully let it be known to the Chefs and you will be surprised how most will go out of their way to assist.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegetarians

We have just been in July to kuredu for two weeks, and the food was the same almost everyday. Unless you are into veg curry everyday and pasta!!

Sorry, the food was the least attractive about this island. Also all inclusive means not just that!! Most drinks are not allinclusive!!

KC

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegetarians

Thanks for all the responses. As long as we dont go hungry I'll be happy ;o) I realise that on this island 'all inclusive' means your one allocated restaurant and then certain drinks only. But we booked knowing that (be a bit silly not to do our research before we booked), so that doesnt bother us. I've been to hotels before where all inclusive literally includes evrything, every restaurant, drink, mini bar, the works, and it is lovely but but I realise that to get that in the Maldives you have to have VERY deep pockets!!

10 weeks to go and counting!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegetarians

Megan.

Check the reviews or go to the Kuredu forum. Most people rant about the food and choice. I am on their forum often. The food is great with hot stations and themes.

The AI is the same as most other Maldives islands. Which is different from the AI in Spain or the Caribbean say. This is fully explained in any brochure.

Kuredu is a very loverly first island, you wait and see.

Edited: 30 July 2010, 16:36
9. Re: Vegetarians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations