We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it worth paying for ??

Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
is it worth paying for ??

Only two weeks to go now untill we head off to kuredu but am finding my excitement a little spoilt by the whole sangu o resort allocation thingy. We have booked a jbv, and whilst not anti children we have in the past had holidays ruined by them,so i e-mailed the island requesting a room in either the o or sangu and was politely told they would do their best but no guarentees.I then contacted my travel agent (dreamticket) who told me the only way to be sure was to pay what amounted to another £120. This is tempting untill i look at what i've allready paid. I really don't want my expectations spoilt by something that almost seems triivual but when you pay as much for a holiday like this you do want it to be right. Got my sums wrong, extra would be £250.!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it worth paying for ??

You can eat in the Sangu or O in the morning/afternoon.

The Sangu you need to book everyday if not allocated. We loved the Sangu and the O is equally nice.

Turtles can be found in front of the ship yard, eating sea grass by the way.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 11:18
Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Personally I would pay the extra if it meant that you also got the Sangu/O restaurant for your evening meals each night. Both are much nicer in location than the koamas restaurant, which is inland. The O restaurant has a fantastic view, didn't go in Sangu so can't comment but looked just as nice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Sorry forgot to answer.................if it was me then for what I had already paid. Yes, then you can stop worrying and enjoy. Also takes the hassle out of booking.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Cheers for your replies and totally agree regarding peace of mind, its just that you have to draw the line somewhere! We are booked in all inclusive so we can book to have our evening meal at either sangu or o,it was just the room location regarding families that really concerned me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it worth paying for ??

I really liked the JBV at the Sangu end mate. When you get there you will see what I mean.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Can you remember the number mate

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Here is a map.

…panoramio.com/photos/original/11495321.jpg

If you look on the south side, i.e. the jetty side you will see the blocks of rooms numbered 8.

One section is on the left (Sangu.) One on the right O resort. You will be happy in both honestly, there is not much in it. They each have a different charm and the different room numbers have lots of ifs and buts. I.e. nice to be near the restaurant but not to near., if you see what I mean.

Just book the O or the Sangu…………and leave it to be surprised.

Start enjoying the build up to the holiday mate..........

Edited: 24 September 2010, 10:04
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Norfolk

I was going to edit my post but ran out of time. Changed my mind a little. ;-]

I would ask for a room as near to the Sangu restaurant as possible, if it was me. Sorry can not remember the numbers. Do this by email two weeks before you go.

The reason for this is that I would prefer not to be in the center of the island but like the Sangu end. Of course if you plan to dine around. Then you may find this a advantage for the others bars and the O. Decisions...decisions.............its a hard life. ;0]

Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Cheers my friend for all the tips. Will e-mail this afternoon,can't help feeling i'm fretting just a little too much over this, but when i think about it i'm the same whenever i'm booking a trip hot or cold (hence the skiers) like you so rightly said decisions decisions!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is it worth paying for ??

Your welcome. It was a few years since I went but I am on their forum now and again so keep up with recent developments.

Anymore help just call. You will have a great time regardless on where BUT all the little things can add to a great experience. I understand that.

Now email, forget about it and enjoy. The worry can spoil it if you are not careful as you focus to much and miss and enjoy the build up and the trip to the island..

This is what you can expect………………..nice right………..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIdtW87M4DE

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations