We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

My boyfriend and I have just booked to stay in a Kuredu Beach Bungalow for 2 weeks in November.

However, after reading a few reviews I get the feeling that the Beach Bungalows aren't actually in a very good location, can anyone help with this????? What are the best numbers to stay in??? Are there a lot of .. "loud" (chavvy!) people staying in this style of accomdation?

We don't fancy paying the extra £1484 to upgrade to a Beach Villa as we could just go to Meeru Island Resort Hotel and pay £400 for the exact same thing!

Also, do you get allocated to only one resturant for the whole of your stay?? What resurant do the Beach Bungalows get allocated to?

We'd really appreciate any advice or help as we really aren't sure about cancelling Kuredu and booking Meeru!

Thank you!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

HI

Can't comment on Kuredu but if you are thinking of switching to Meeru then make sure the accommodation is a BEACH villa and not a GARDEN villa. The Garden Villas (used to be called Standard Rooms) at Meeru are the old staff quarters, are not very nice and definitely have no view of the sea.

OD

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

Yes I've seen a review for Meeru about horrible ex-staff quaters, thanks for the advice!

Potton, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

we have only been back a week from this paradise island. we stayed in a beach bungalow.. number 441... it was the best.. we felt like we had our own little private piece of beach.. numbers up from this over look the water villas so your view is blocked.

by the way.... we counted the steps from our room to the sea... 21 steps

Edited: 19 January 2011, 20:37
Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

hi there, was this room located near to bars and r'rant?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

This map may help. For Kuredu

…panoramio.com/photos/original/11495321.jpg

The standad rooms on Meeru get a very mixed review. Here is a link for you mate. With video/pics and a debate.

www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7975

Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

hi there, do you have any pics you could forward of room 441 and the outside view, thanks alot

Lynny

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

Hi we stayed in beach bungalow 440 great location, we were in kuredu sept 2010 for 2 weeks.. fantastic yes about 20 steps from the sea !! your room boy will clean everyday inside & out. "towels, bed sheets, beachtowels" You will be allocated "bonthi,resturant" the food was nice & good choice & themes.(you can eat in the other resturants but you will hav to pay..but we found no need) no such thing as "chavvy people" on this island, we met some lovely couples in all the bars !! We are looking to go again, we would even consider a garden bungalow, which are behind the beach bungalows. Dont let some people put you off, this island is fantastic and i wouldn't hesitate recommending it anyone. If you have any more questions just post a reply.

Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

Hi, thanks for posting the reply. So 440 is that clear of the waterbungalows, and is it less rocky area there, just that someone said there is a less rocky area?

I'm sure wherever we end up we will have a great time, we've been to various other islands but never Kuredu. I would just like to have a nice view from the room and close to the sea for my little boy :)

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

Yes it is clear of the waterbungalows they are about 100 meters to your left. There is vegetation infront of the bungalow but nothing to worry about. The best side for sunbathing is the jettyside and pool area, which is not far to walk and is right near the bonthi resturant and bar. Just have a walk round the island, it will take about 45 minutes and you can then see all round the island and the different bars and resturants. Dont worry you will love it and be welcomed in all the bars and different areas. Look out for the sharks at the decking end of the o resort, your little boy will love it.

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beach bungalows... Kuredu or Meeru... help!

Would like to ask you Lynny1977 wich other islands have you been to and would recommend.

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations