We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at Keredu

uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Food at Keredu

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of booking Kuredu for Jan 2012 and have found the reviews on here really useful but need more information on the food.....I am a fussy eater and definately not a fish lover and am a little concerned that alot of the food will be fish.

Also I am looking at booking a Beach Villa...Is it worth paying to upgrade to one with a jacuzzi

Any advise would be grately appreciated.

Thank u in advance

Lisa x

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at Keredu

The beach villas look nice through the windows as do the jacuzzi beach villas. The food is ok. Personally though unless you want to go to a large island I would book somewhere else as I think there is definately nicer islands out there. I am here at the moment, the food is repetitive after 12 days , yes there is fish on every day but there are lots of alternatives including pasta. I previously stayed at a different island here in the maldives and I think Kuredu definately has the butlins feel. Yes you do see men with their shirts off/open and the customer service is not as good as it could be here in Kuredu. Having seen pictures of other islands and visited Maayafushi I would not come here again !

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at Keredu

I don't think you'll have a problem with the food. I didn't get fed up with it after two weeks. If you have a BV you will either be on th enorth side of the island in the O resort BVs or on the south side in the Koamas BVs. If you upgrade to a JBV you will definitely be on the south side fof the island, in either O, Sangu or Koamas. In my opinion the south side beach is much nicer.

The strange thing about Kuredu is that you only get allocated the O restaurant if you are in an OBV or a guaranteed OJBV. If you happen to be put in an OJBV having booked a generic JBV, then they will give you the Koamas as you evening restaurant. You could ring up each miorning and try and book the O though. Not sure if the same applies at the Sangu end.

The Koamas restaurant has no view, but I thought O was stunning (and no kids). Luckily we had booked a guaranteed OJBV so had O as our restaurant all the time. I would do the same if I went back again.

I have to say that there is no way I would compare Kuredu to Butlins, but as we were in the O resort there were no kids, so maybe it is different in the main part of the island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at Keredu

Kuredu is one of the larger, more mass market islands in the Maldives. If you can let us know your budget, how long you are looking to go for and any other important features for your holiday, then we'll be able to come up with something else for you to consider and compare Kuredu with. Having said that, if this is your first visit to the Maldives, you will be blown away whichever island you go to.

SL

uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at Keredu

The quote we have had is £5300 Total for 10nts in Keredu Beach Villa & then 3 nts in Dubai at Downtown address flying with emirates from Birmingham. I have had a few other quotes and this seems to be pretty good price.....but any other suggestions would be grately appreciated xx

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at Keredu

I stayed at Kuredu for a second visit to the Maldives. It is definately mass market and personally I thought there are much better islands for the money in the Maldives. Why did I compare it to butlins... well everything seems to be controlled by money there, the staff are rude and have zero customer service skills unless of course they know they are getting a tip ! I didn't think it was as pretty as other islands either. The only place I would return to at Kuredu would be the O resort. I did meet a couple there who had paid £6000 for a 2 week honeymoon. They were told petals on the bed were extra ??? and they had to ASK for their complimentary sparkling wine and fruit basket which was supposed to be included in their honeymoon deal !

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at Keredu

I paid 1450 usd / pers for a BB (AI basis) for 11 nights including here the seaplane transfer. I spent a lot of time searching for options but no other 4 star resort could match the price and the facilities of Kuredu. I have been also to Komandoo - definitely better resort - but the facilities' diversity was poor.

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Food at Keredu

W have just booked through Trailfinders for a lot less definately shop about and that was for 2 wks all-inclusive!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food at Keredu

thats interesting jayfaer would it be possible to let me know what rate you got. I booked 2 beach bungalows for 12 nights and paid in total £4400. Accomodation only but it did include the seaplane which is about £900 of the cost !

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,888 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food at Keredu

What means a lot less jayfaer?

10. Re: Food at Keredu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations