We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms

Bath
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms

Can someone please help us!?!?!

We are looking to book 10 nights on the Island in April 2013 but cannot decide which room to go for - it is between the garden bungalow, beach bungalow or the beach villa? We understand that if we book the beach villa then we get to eat in a different restaurant but is this really worth the extra £540.00?!?

Thank you x x

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms

You will not only eat any were you like, if you book a BV you can use all of the bars on the island

Also you will be in a beach front location and the BVs are a big step up on the other rooms you have listed

So i would say if you can fit it into your budget go for BV :-)

Darryl

Edited: 03 August 2012, 00:17
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,474 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms

i am of the school of thought where i would only go to kuredu on the cheap. if i was to spend the money for a beachvilla or upwards, i would book a nicer island instead. why pay as much for kuredu as for a better island .. but thats just me

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms

Spammie maybe correct so if you can post your total budget and a little bit of info about what you are looking for from you experience in the Maldives maybe a few different islands can be suggested :-)

On the other hand Kuredu maybe the perfect island for you --if so i would book a BV or above

good luck

Darryl

Bath
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms

Thanks guys - we are looking to spend a max of £5k - that is for ten nights flying direct with BA from London and it must include a sea plane transfer.

We are looking for an Island that offers all inclusive with entertainment and a few water sports - we do like snorkelling but we are certainly not pros so not really worried about the best reef!!!

Any suggestions would be fab - thank you. x x x

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms

To start your search you could visit the purelyMaldives web site and put in all that information it will give you a short list for your budget :-) The regular posters can give advice on the listed islands and also add islands that were not offered

K

Edited: 03 August 2012, 10:27
Up North
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms

Just back from 10 nights in Kuredu. Fantastic resort, highly recommended. We booked two O resort beach villas, all inclusive (two teenagers). Lovely rooms, great & large semi-open air shower room, daybed on the veranda, air con. Great & friendly staff, particularly at the O bar & restaurant. We found the main bar of Babuna a bit too busy for us, it and the quieter Akiri bar also seemed to be lacking the same sea breeze that you got up at the O end of the island.

Extensive choice of good quality food. Booked with Awayholdays.co.uk who I see get a mention elsewhere. We had no problems with them and everything was in order when we got there. Cost for 10 nights AI in August including all taxes, sea plane transfer & everything was around £1900/head.

The "free" sunset cruise that is part of the AI package was enjoyed by all. Was expecting to get a bit of pressure to upgrade to the "gold" package mentioned on here but nobody even mentioned it.

There's paid for wifi in the villas up at the O end of the island but not in the bar. There's free wifi in Akiri bar.

One thing to note, which almost spoilt our first day although it was nothing to do with the resort OR Awayholidays: When we arrived at Male and were checking in for the seaplane we were told that all the luggage couldn't fit on the plane and that ours & some others would have to go by speedboat separately.

We arrived at the resort just before noon, our rooms were ready no problem even though check in time is officially 2pm, but the luggage didn't show until 6pm. As you can imagine after a series of long flights having to hang around in the same clothes for six hours wasn't great. The prospect of maybe having to have a shower and then get changed back into the same clothes before going for dinner was even less great. Luckily the luggage turned up in time to avoid the latter scenario, I have never been so happy to see a suitcase in all my life!

It would be well worthwhile if you knew that this might happen to have a selection of things that you might need packed separately that you can quickly whip out of your case at Male and take with you on the seaplane as hand luggage.

The only other downside I can think of is that we were a bit disappointed that the house reef is a fair old swim offshore. Other Maldive islands we have been to have the reef a stone's throw from the beach, this one was about 100 yards away which wasn't ideal if you aren't a strong swimmer.

The Easy Going snorkelling trip was excellent value for money at USD44 for 2 1/2 hours and the sea life you saw on that really was stunning. Swen was our guide and he was excellent. Top barman Krishnan, also an excellent guy, always smiling. Top waitress Hajja, extremely kind and helpful. So what are you wating for? My uncle's got a caravan in Rhyl if you'd prefer....

Edited: 11 August 2012, 14:11
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms

Spammie, step away from the Kuredu forum...

Got to admit Kuredu looks nice on its web-cam (why haven't more islands got them?) but I know it's not for me.

Have posted fiendy things about it too many times; got to stop but probably won't. Wish someone had put me off Sun Island in 2005.

Edited: 11 August 2012, 15:17
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms

Actually, 100 yards is about a 15 minute swim for me, max. Are loads of boats and jet ski in the way? Maybe I should consider Kuredu after all.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms

LOVED Kuredu been twice. great beach rooms loads of space good atmosphere, had some nice dives

Nogger , I think there has been loads of advice on here about always taking a few beach/swim items as hand luggage , as you can get separated from your undies very easily in the Maldives :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms

You could get two weeks half board on Angaga flying out on April 14, direct flight, 33 inch pitch in Economy. On Thomson's wesbite now for £6,054. Or a water bungalow on Fihalhohi for two weeks with the same company and flight would be under 5k.

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations