We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is the rain currently

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How bad is the rain currently

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has just come back and can let me know how bad the rain situation currently is? It looks awful!!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,406 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad is the rain currently

with all dues respect , arran .. but how badly it rained yesterday - or even an hour ago - has zero effect on how much it will rain tomorrow - or in the next hour. you are driving yourself nuts over nothing.

you are not going for another week .. chances are the dry monsoon is settling in nicely by then . the monsoon change in december is always accompanied by some very unsettled weather.

my advice is to relax and stop spoling the happy anxiety before a big trip for yourself

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad is the rain currently

I am also going in 10 days. How accurate are these 15 day weather forecasts?

In actual fact, how long in advance can the meteoroligists forecast the weather? A week before?

A forecast over 10 days seems to be a stretch, can anyone who actually knows this science comment what is the maximum span for an accurate forecast?

I agree with Spammie, but one still wonders. We'll go just for a week, so that makes a difference in comparison to the ones who go for two weeks, and have higher odds for at least some sunny days.

Edited: 23 December 2012, 16:33
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,406 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad is the rain currently

the meteorological institute in male is not crazy enough to wager a guess for more than 3 days in advance . thats a strong hint .

the local weather forecast http://202.21.178.203/mms/ is also the only one you need to concern yourself with .

unfortunately that site will not link here .. sorry for the need to c/p but this is the weather site that is relevant for any maldives visitor

Edited: 23 December 2012, 16:37
Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How bad is the rain currently

Great, thanks, Spammie!

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations