We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu

My wife and I are going to Kuredu in eight weeks time. First time visitors. Do we need shoes and what is the dress code in the evenings. Apart from cocktails, do they serve lager or beer!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu

Hi Derek welcome to the forum ;)

Dress code is smart casual ,you don't need shoes ,they serve larger ( tiger & carlsberg ) wine,soft drinks ,& local brand spirits

Have a great holiday ,lucky you

Darryl

Edited: 05 January 2013, 17:58
Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu

No need for shoes! The sand is powder soft everywhere and even the restaurants have sand floors. Think we packed some flip flops but never used them. And yes like Darryl said they have beer in addition to cocktails.

Hope you have a great time!

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu

Thanks for the posting it is very much appreciated.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu

Thank you very much for your reply.

Derek

Norfolk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu

Been to Kuredu twice - the first time was our first time in the Maldives so really didn't know what to expect, we took shoes and didn't use them once the second time I took a pair of flip flops just in case the only time I used them was for walking on the wooden jetty as we stayed in a water villa (the wood gets hot ! ! !). Have a good holiday once bitten by the Maldives bug it's hard to give up.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuredu

We always needed something for the decking it you are in a WV. The decking can get just soooo hot.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 11:01
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuredu

Are you staying in a beach bungalow? If you are you will be surprised at the Islands class system as you are only allowed to eat in certain restaurants and drink for free in certain bars. We visited the O resort of an evening during happy hour and the cocktails were buy one get one free. It was worth it for the ambiance. It was very expensive to upgrade in resort and I know from looking at the prices given by hayes and jarvis its so much cheaper to upgrade with your travel agent.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuredu

We stayed at the O resort and loved it. I had a happy hour cocktail or two a day but stuck with the AI drinks the rest of the time and were fine, just avoid the minibar....v expensive!

I would only take one pair of flip flops if i went again....and wouldn't leave them outside - our waiter reckoned a rat had a nibble at mine! Bet it had stomach ache after eating rubber!

9. Re: Kuredu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations