We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu and Filitheyo

Milan, Italy
2 posts
Save Topic
Kuredu and Filitheyo

Hey everybody,

I am thinking of booking a week at Kuredu and then moving to Filitheyo for another 7 days, or vice versa :) Does this sound like a good plan, or should I avoid moving between resorts? I am in my late twenties, will be travelling alone and am looking for a relaxing holiday BUT with some activities and a minimum of social life, otherwise I could go crazy :)

This is going to be my first visit to the Maldives, and any, literally ANY piece of advice would be truly appreciated :)

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

Welcome to the forum. You should be fine changing resorts if you have a week at each island, many people do this. I wouldn't recommend it if you had less time as you lose most of the day you are transferring- back to the airport, waiting for seaplane and then back to a new island. Both islands are medium/large and should offer some social life and entertainment in the evenings. Kuredu has lovely beaches but poor snorkelling. Filitheyo has better snorkelling. Both very beautiful islands.

PS. Just start saving for your next trip already, I can promise that you will love the Maldives and get addicted. It is an expensive habit :-)

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

It depends on what you mean by minimum social life. Filitheyo has two bars, but I don't remember there being much evening entertainment when we went in 2010. The island's factsheet doesn't mention anything about evening entertainment.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,536 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

Nope no "social life" or "activities" in Filitheyo. lots of excursions (snorkeling, island hopping etc) where people are friendly and you make new friends. and chilling at the bar of course.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

Kuredu has plenty of bars and restaurants to socialize at ,there is limited entertainment

Kuredu has lots of trip and water bassed activities to try out also a spar ,dive center ,2 shops and 2 pools so you shouldn't get cabin feaver lol

Darryl

Milan, Italy
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

Thank you so much for the encouraging posts, folks! I have almost no doubts left :) Booked the first week at the Filitheyo resort, then will be moving to what seems a more lively island of Kuredu. I understand I will need to arrange the transportation between the islands with the resort management?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

They will do it, you only need to give the details of the dates and timetables of arrival and departure flights to your travel agent and the dates of your stays at each island, and the islands will organise the transfers...

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

Be prepared for the cost involved in transferring. Best check it out first.

John

8. Re: Kuredu and Filitheyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations