We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu with a 13yo?

East Riding of...
Level Contributor
359 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu with a 13yo?

Hello

We very much like the look of Kuredu and are thinking of booking around 23 May 2014 for two weeks.

The only thing stopping us is that we are worried our 13-yr-old son would be on his own with no other children/teens to make friends with. This is a very important part of our holidays because if he's happy, we're happy but he's a very sociable chap and is not the type to sit and read a book. He adores snorkelling and swimming but also loves making new friends when we are away.

Are there many children/teens visiting the island at that time of year? Is it likely that our son could be the only child at the resort?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Regards

Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,402 Reviews
Kuredu
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu with a 13yo?

Hi

I would say you have a good chance of other children being on a large island like Kuredu,keep your eye on the live web cam above the family pool ;-)

If your son is really into his snorkelling also check out Vilamendhoo, it has a similar set up but much better snorkelling .

Darryl

kuredu.com/community/kuredu-island-livecam.a…

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,402 Reviews
Kuredu
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu with a 13yo?

agree with Darryl . on vila there is much better snorkeling right off the beach for the whole family . kuredu's snorkeling is poor and difficult to reach , especially for a less than strong swimmer

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu with a 13yo?

There will probably be other kids, but to be honest, probably not many and not necessarily his age group. Also if you are going during school term, which it seems you are, and pulling him out of school to do so, the odds are even more limited.

My daughter was not bored at that age, however we tend to do things together with her all the time. So if, and I mean this politely, you are hoping he will find friends and go off and leave you both to relax, the odds are probably very limited.

Unless you want to spend your time with him, I would not suggest the Maldives and would recommend somewhere much bigger and I would recommend going during school holidays and not during term time.

4. Re: Kuredu with a 13yo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations