We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some Basic Questions

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Some Basic Questions

Hi All, we're travelling out early May and staying in the bungalows, my wife is one for taking her hair dryer, travel iron!!!, etc....

Can anyone confirm what you get and don't get in the bungalows?

Also, are there typical 4 digit safes in each bungalow?

Can you get away with just taking dollars? is the pound accepted at all?

Can you purchase flippers on the island, in Egypt we tend to buy them for around £10-15 on arrival and then leave them there, as taking them with you adds heavily to your weight allowance?

Is there an evening dress code or is it pretty casual all over the island?

and finally, what do we need to do to guarantee finding turtles!!! :-)

thanks in advance

Lyn & Russell

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some Basic Questions

and another, don't suppose anyone know how much a candlelight dinner on the beach costs?

cheers

Russell

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some Basic Questions

Hi Russell

In your room you will be provided with an hair dryer and a digital safe but I don't think an iron .

You only need to take USD ( dollars ) with you as spending money \ tips but if you wish to change money you can do this at reception at a poor rate .

You can purchase snorkeling equipment from one of the 2 shops but this will be very expensive compared to what you pay in Egypt. You can also rent them from the dive centre but this will also work out expensive !! I recommend purchasing your own snorkeling equipment fro a dive shop here in the UK and taking it with you , its a good investment.

The evening dess code is relaxed but no vest for him .

Kuredu has a big lagoon with a sea grass bottom so although not guaranteed there is a very good chance of seeing turtles :-)

I can recommend Franco's for a candle light dinner , not sure how much it costs these days but it's well worth it . also if you are on AI you will get a 20% discount at Franco's an your AI inclusive drinks still apply :-)

Enjoy Kuredu ,,, lucky you

Darryl

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some Basic Questions

I think the candle light dinner is quite expensive, we had it bought for us as a gift and it was very very good.

Just a wild guess but I think it was approx $300 maybe....

Excellent food and we were the only 2 on the beach near the sand bank. It got so dark our waiter was just appearing from pitch black about 10m from the table.

Surrounded by candles listening to the waves with a huge steak and champagne. Not bad!

Barnard Castle...
Level Contributor
103 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some Basic Questions

Candlelit dinner may be good but NOT worth $300. The food in the AI restaurants is very very good so the difference is not that noticeable. Also, if you eat at the Sangu retaurant, there are about 10 tables on the sand right at the water's edge. So you get your candlelit dinner sitting on the beach at no extra cost. No brainer really

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some Basic Questions

Actually I am sure its much less than that ..

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some Basic Questions

Hi

You can download all of the menu's for the a la carte restaurants including the prices from the kuredu website .

http://www.kuredu.com/wine-and-dine/

Darryl

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Some Basic Questions

I've I've just quote today 340usd per couple, think may give it a miss too expensive lol

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some Basic Questions

Thought so, in my opinion it was worth it for the experience but wouldn't do it twice lol, as said above if you can get a beach table at sangu restaurant then that's a good alternative.

Midhurst, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some Basic Questions

Your wife will need a hairdryer as the ones at Kuredu are not very good & definatlly no irons in the rooms.

Enjoy it, we were there Nov/Dec last year & loved it.

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
32 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some Basic Questions

thanks for the great responses!

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations