We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croc's

Which Kuredu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Croc's

Another question!! Can you go in the sea bare footed? Or do you need some sort of protection, eg croc's?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croc's

You can go in bare foot, but it's worth getting a pair of little aqua shoes or dive booties. Just in case little critters hiding under the sand bed or some coral there, as coral can cut.

You can get them off amazon quite cheaply. Crocs is not really a good idea I don't think.

Jersey
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Croc's

I preferred to go in the sea in my aqua shoes or crocs. Someone I know stood on a stone fish and I never go in the sea in my bare feet after that episode. My crocs were lighter and the water & bits of coral came out easier, than when I wore my aqua shoes.

I never thought I'd ever own a pair of crocs because they looked hideous. But, I just love them.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croc's

No one should ever wear crocs, they are hideous and I'm sure even the fish would be offended ;-)

Aqua shoes much more appropriate.

PS, have always gone barefoot!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croc's

Miss chalk, I am assuming you mean dead coral as aqua shoes/crocs or not, no one should ever stand on live coral.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croc's

LOL, Jody. I think Crocs look quite nice on some people, not on me though. My toes are so long and skinny they shoot through the holes in the front! Even a more hideous look! and possible fish bait LOL!

Jersey
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croc's

Of course dead coral, Jody. I've seen people break huge chunks off with their fins, by accident, but it breaks my heart. Also, when some people try to ride and stroke turtles!

My turquoise crocs are great and I thought I'd be the last person to wear them!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Croc's

Hi

You can't possibly swim in crocs surely?

Regards

Doug

London, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Croc's

Aqua shoes are easily obtainable at any British seaside town for much less than you will be charged at a resort. I would never go into the sea without something on my feet.

"Never judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes."

Unless their shoes are Crocs.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Croc's

Maybe these -

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bcLJQWN4XP0/TC5CWXwXP6I/AAAAAAAADzA/VFVUnBZMHf0/s1600/crocs+fishy.jpg

Jersey
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Croc's

Crocs are great to swim in - they float!

Obviously when snorkelling- its fin time.

Aqua shoes are much cheaper, but they get heavy and filled with tiny bits of coral ( I'm not sure why?)

Long live crocs! That's the only thing my husband took to wear on his feet. Comfy, durable and the height of fashion - lol!

Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations