We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soda near Pavas

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Soda near Pavas

We will have a 4 hour lay over from BDT to Nosara. I will go crazy hanging out at Pavas that long. Any suggestions for a good soda not too far we can enjoy an early lunch between flights? I don't want to go too close to San Jose because I don't want to worry about traffic.

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,031 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soda near Pavas

Close to Pavas Tobias Bolaños Airport...you can check Restaurant Isla Verde...SPOON also a good option... Las Brasitas is a good Mexican restaurant...and only about 10 minutes to Pavas!

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soda near Pavas

The Chinese food restaurant at isla Verde, as mentioned by roadadvisor is great.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soda near Pavas

If you or your traveling companion(s) are MSG sensitive, then I would be careful and reconsider Isla Verde, as although the food is good, my CR better half is sensitive, and she developed a migraine while we ate there last month. Nothing is worse than a headache in an unpressurized cabin of an airplane, so please exercise care. Might I suggest and recommend Tealand in Rohrmoser, less than 15 mins away www.costaricabeauty.com/viewprofile.aspx… to enjoy one of a thousand tea blends and boca type snacks/sandwiches and small pastries. It is in a small plaza, and Plaza Mayor is just a block away if time permits. I will go out of my way to have their Earl Grey, she is addicted to their blueberry blend. Have a great flight.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soda near Pavas

thanks so much for the suggestions. We really want CR food as we will just be hitting CR. I love BDT but the food in Panama doesn't compare to a CR casado.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soda near Pavas

In that case, as there really isn't a place within the airport boundaries, I would ask the N/Air desk to have a place recommended and use the taxis (red with yellow triangles are the legal ones) to take you for comida tipica. There are a number of them near and on the road to the American Embassy, under 20 mins. In fact, almost directly across from the embassy is a large, barn/corral type structure restaurant (I am sorry, don't know the name) that looks out of place with McDs close by, but it serves very authentic CR food. Enjoy the search.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soda near Pavas

Thanks. We have flown into and out of Pavas many times but we havn't had a layover there before (by the way excellent pricing when you book combo flights with Nature Air vs individual bookings) I figured Road Advisor must have a good rec for a CR style soda. Maybe he is holding out :) PM me the place Road Advisor, I promise I will keep it a secret :)

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soda near Pavas

OK we found a great soda that you could walk to from Pavas if you wanted to. Instead we took a taxi and the taxi driver came into the soda with us and waited then brought us back. It was great because we could leave our luggage in the trunk of the taxi instead of having it all in with us at the soda. It only cost $5 for the ride there and back. IMO great deal even though it is a 10 minute walk. It is called The Big House, but there wasn't a sign. They have no menu and the family that runs the soda is great. Plus you get a view of the Amusement Park and can watch and hear the screams from the rides. To find the soda all you have to do is take the road out of Pavas and then your very first left the soda is on that street. The food on the second level of the airport is pretty good and cheap too, but I was happier with the soda.

8. Re: Soda near Pavas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 17:17