We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B&B walking distance to wineries?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or B&B walking distance to wineries?

We are planning a 2-3 day trip to the Finger Lakes in June.We would like to visit Cornell/Ithaca, see gorges & waterfalls as well as a day of hitting some wineries. I'd like to stay closer to wineries because I don't want to worry about drinking and driving. (We are on a budget and can't afford a limo or tour package.)

Any recommendations on a nice play to stay that would be within walking distance or a short drive from a few wineries?

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or B&B walking distance to wineries?

Magnolia Place in Hector is within walking distance of several very good wineries, a microbrewery and an excellent restaurant, The Stonecat Cafe.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or B&B walking distance to wineries?

I just returned from a quick trip down to Watkins Glen, and I realized that the microbrewery (Two Goats) might be a bit of a hike, but it's literally minutes away from Magnolia Place by car. There are at least a dozen wineries within a fifteen minute drive from the B&B.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or B&B walking distance to wineries?

Initiallly I had only looked for accomodations near Cayuga lake, but now I will expand my search to towns near Seneca Lake as well. thanks for the infor on the brewery, as we are beer drinkers as well. We would like to make it to a distilllary too!!

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or B&B walking distance to wineries?

Finger Lakes Distilling is just a few minutes down the road from the aforementioned B&B, and Ithaca would be about a 45 minute drive via Route 414 to Route 79. I can't think of any place on the Cayuga Wine Trail that would be as centrally located to the wineries and such. Another place that you might want to look at is Seneca Springs Resort, also in Hector.

5. Re: Hotel or B&B walking distance to wineries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 17:43