We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parks with Infant

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Parks with Infant

Hi,

I'll be traveling to the Finger Lakes region next week with an infant and wanted to know which parks with waterfalls are carriage friendly. Are the paths paved? Are some paths too steep or narrow?

Thanks in advance.

Maine
Level Contributor
510 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parks with Infant

Taughannock is carriage friendly, Watkins glen gorge is not. Ithaca Falls is not, but it is only 30 seconds walk from the road so it doesn't matter. There are no trails at Ithaca Falls.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parks with Infant

Thank you.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
680 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parks with Infant

Ithaca has a very nice paved walking trail from Stewart park on Cayuga Lake around to Cass Park.

Great for a stroller: http://www.cayugawaterfronttrail.com/

Mentioned in this post
Ithaca
Ithaca
Finger Lakes, NY
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parks with Infant

I would bring my baby in the stroller to Taughannock Park. The waterfall is not too far from the parking lot. The trails is flat and wide, you could push your stroller easily. Beside the park is not too far from downtown.

5. Re: Parks with Infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 07:44