We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet Wines

Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sweet Wines

Will be visiting in 2 weeks and wondering if anyone has suggestions for winerys with sweeter wines. I know we will visit Three Brothers Winery but we are looking for more winerys with similar wines. Can anyone help? I really appreciate it!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
407 posts
667 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweet Wines

Most Finger Lakes wineries do a semi-dry (read "sweet") riesling and many do some sort of dessert (read "super sweet") white wine. But if you are looking for those who tend to have a broader sweeter/fruiter selection in general you might try: Hazlitt 1852, Penguin Bay, Rasta Ranch, Goose Watch, Tickle Hill or Swedish Hill. Also Earle Estates does both mead and fruit wines which all tend to be sweeter.

Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweet Wines

Thank you so much....hkopefully I can get to them all!

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
679 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweet Wines

Yes to those suggestions, although Tickle Hill is not a favorite.

Wagner is also popular with sweet wine drinkers, and if you are at 3 brothers, you aren't far from Swedish Hill on Cayuga Lake- great fun sweeter wines. Also on Cayuga, Knapp always has a selection of fruit wines, Montezuma is fruity and sweet as their specialties, and Americana has a great variety of sweeter wines and a good restaurant as well. Bands on weekends, always a good time at Americana.

A tip for the wineries- if you find a winery that you like, ask them for suggestions of other places to go, they are likely to suggest someplace with a similar style, and you might find a hidden gem this way!

Maine
Level Contributor
404 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweet Wines

We love Swedish Hill and their Country Concord wine, among others.

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sweet Wines

It's been years, but I seem to recall that Americana wines, west side Cayuga, were pretty sweet.

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sweet Wines

Hi,across the highway from Three Brothers Is Zugibe.They Make some nice wines,Also on the same side of the lake Try Caywood winery just below Wagner,further down is Standing Stone,try them.Finger Lakes is getting worldwide reconigition for its rieslings and there are some excellent ones.Also try some of the dessert wines,usally for an added fee,but worth it!

7. Re: Sweet Wines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:21