We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
441 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

My wife and I are attending a wedding Friday, 9/26 at Wagner Vineyards, near Lodi on the east side of Seneca Lake. Does anybody know of a decent place to stay nearby, just for the one night? Most B & Bs have a 2-night minimum on weekends, and the only places I've found online were motels that didn't look too appealing.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

Try Cottage Views B&B or Caywood Cabin by the Stream.

Seneca Falls, New...
Level Contributor
217 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

There isn't much nearby the wineries. In Seneca Falls (25 mins north), there is The Gould Hotel, The Microtel, and also a Holiday Inn.

You could also check on airbnb.com. You might be able to find a house/cottage/room for rent.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

"There isn't much nearby the wineries." Really? Just off the top of my head, I came up with 10 B&Bs that are either right on or just off Route 414 within 15 minutes of Wagner Vineyards. Yankeedave's dilemma wasn't because of a lack of accommodations, rather that most require a two night minimum at this time of the year. He's also from Rochester so I would assume that he's fairly familiar with the area in general. If he was forced to opt for a motel, Watkins Glen is certainly much closer and much easier to get to and from than Seneca Falls. The Harbor Hotel might be a nice option, if that's the case. You would also be hard pressed to find a vacation rental that will rent for less than a week at this time of the year.

Rochester, New York
Destination Expert
for Rochester
Level Contributor
441 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

It looks like Longhouse Lodge Motel and Manor can accommodate us for one night at the "Manor." Seems to get decent reviews. If anybody knows anything about it, please pass it along. Thanks.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

It looks as if you will have a very nice view. I'm sorry that you couldn't find anything closer. A couple of other places that came to mind are the Red House Country Inn and Windswept Farm B&B. Both are in Hector.

6. Re: Place to stay for 1 Fri. night in Sept., E side Seneca Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16