We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shade shelters OK on the beach? Also, special bonfire rules?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Shade shelters OK on the beach? Also, special bonfire rules?

We are traveling to Cape San Blas, FL with the kids next month (June) and want to bring a popup shelter or a screen house to put up each day when we are down on the beach. This way, we won't bake our 1-yr-old in the June sun! Anyone know if this is permitted, or are you limited to the small beach umbrellas? Also -are there special rules about how to "legally" have a bonfire on the beach there? Thanks!

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
579 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shade shelters OK on the beach? Also, special bonfire rules?

You can set up any type of shade shelter you want. Where are you staying? I have the rules for fires in the state park, but don't know if they are the same outside the park or not.

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
579 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shade shelters OK on the beach? Also, special bonfire rules?

Found this page again that I had read before.

capesanblas.com/cape-san-blas-visitor-inform…

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shade shelters OK on the beach? Also, special bonfire rules?

I think you are going to be delighted in the area. set up your shelter and leave it up for the entire week, no one will be around to "yell" at you. There are no patrols on ATV's and this is the Forgotton coast and you pretty much can do what you want. Having said that, be responsible and not leave your fire unattended. the old rule for Gulf County was bonfire was allowed for warmth and cooking ( bag of marshmellows will do) but again I've never seen anyone hasseled. Dogs are fine pick up the doodie so that we don't loose that nice feature (this is one of the few counties that are fine with dogs on the beach) You are going to have a blast-- but remember this area is not full of stores and nightlife keeping it quiet and deserted this is what we want. I'll be there all next week. ( st. joe beach) for Memorial week and although Mexico Beach will be crowded the rest of this area will not be.

Oh if you are staying in the State park (St. Joeseph) disregard what I just said they have their own rules.

4. Re: Shade shelters OK on the beach? Also, special bonfire rules?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cape San Blas
Recent Conversations