We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round House Restaurant...what happened?

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Round House Restaurant...what happened?

I've been reading the reviews since I had planned on spending time in Bathsheba on my next visit. Anyone know what happened with the Round House? Wasn't this a good restaurant at one time? The reviews are incredibly bad right now.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round House Restaurant...what happened?

I was last there in November and had a fab lunch. Fantastic views of the atlantic too!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Round House Restaurant...what happened?

Had a bite to eat there last week and it was its usual type and quaility of food. Never been a 5 star place a good 3 with great views and breeze. Service is always on the slow side but so what we're never in a rush anyway. I guess it depends what people are looking for, what they expect.

So we'll go again, not a problem.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Round House Restaurant...what happened?

We used to love going to the Roundhouse on a Sunday to listen to Aubrey Cummings, for us the food was nice for casual fare but the view, warm welcome and the late Aubrey's amazing voice were what made it. Sadly our last visit was the last time we heard Aubrey play, he died a few months later. We had a horrible experience with both the service and the food which really put me off and ruined our afternoon, so much so that we cancelled the following Sunday lunch we had booked. For me I will leave the Round House to the fond memory's of lazy Sunday afternoons listening to a Barbados legend. I prefer dining at the Atlantis now, far superior food and service in my opinion. It is a shame really, I've also heard quite a few bad reports from people I know who have been over the past year or so, so unfortunately I don't think it is a one off. I had heard it had been taken over, whether that resulted in poor morale, or whether they just don't have enough staff I don't know but it never used to be the case! We ate there regularly for years.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Round House Restaurant...what happened?

Thanks for the comments. Maybe those that had the negative experience were more motivated to do reviews? Hopefully the management reads these reviews takes it to heart and improves things. It seems many restaurants around the island get bad reviews due to poor service but the recent comments I was reading for Round House were quite angry.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Round House Restaurant...what happened?

I have also been to Round House in the last year a couple of times and to be honest found it very disappointing and the service slow and with attitude! I won't be going again. Atlantis on the other hand was lovely when I went just after Christmas - I would definitely go there again!

6. Re: Round House Restaurant...what happened?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Bathsheba
Recent Conversations