We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in March

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Trip in March

We are planning a trip to HI in March 2010 to celebrate our friends' 40th wedding anniversary. There will be 10 adults. Which vacation rental would you recommend? Or, would it be better to stay on Eleuthera and make HI a day trip? Can't wait! Thanks for your help.

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip in March

I prefer HI over Eleuthera, but, you can't go wrong with either one. For a group of 10, I think I'd look in to Coral Sands.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip in March

Harbour Island for sure ! Eleuthera is more agricultural - like Texas : )

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip in March

We're planning to go back to Harbour Island in March for my sister in law's 40th. Maybe we'll see you. We're staying at Valentines - the condo thing made it more affordable.

ny
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip in March

I personally would rent on Eleuthera and make HI a day trip but it depends on what you are looking for. HI is small and has one Beautiful 3 mile long beach that runs the length of the island. ELeu is 100 miles long and has many beaches on both the caribbean and atlantic side. We love exploring new beaches and so we prefer Eleu. Also on most beaches in Eleu you will be the only one on the beach. That to us is priceless and so our strong pref towards eleu. HI has more resaurants, facilities etc. Its a very cute town. Eleu has some nice restaurants as well. We prefer to stay in central eleu (gov harbour) area. Here is a website that may be helpful in making your choice. Villa rentals are cheaper on Eleu.

discover-eleuthera-bahamas.com/bahamas-beach…

Vero Beach, FL
Level Contributor
104 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip in March

Hi, Sorry I am just seeing your post. Have you booked your trip yet? I am leaving Harbour Island today and have a lot of rental information as well as general island info. I have been coming here for 20+ years. I did the Eleuthra stay once and would not go back. It requires a rental car and you spend a lot of time traveling. HI, you just need your feet or a golf cart. I compare it to New Zealand over Austraila. There is no better beach for walking, sunning, swimming than HI. Restaurants are outstanding as well. All within walking distance. Let me know if you need more info.

Beth

Claryville, New York
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip in March

I'm just back from Harbour Island and have recently launched a new rentals company, www.SelectIslandRentals.com, which currently focuses on Harbour Island exclusively. We work in conjunction with people on island, and being in the States, we're easy to reach for one stop shopping for access to suggestions and hopefully helpful information. March is the most popular month for rentals, so depending on when during that time you're going, you'll have more or fewer rentals to choose from. So check out the site and let us know if we can help!

London
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip in March

You need to look at big houses like Coral Cay or Yellowbird. Your best bet is to speak to Natasha at Island Real Estate (on island) who will be able to say what they have available for when you are planning to be on island. You might also want to try Robert Arthur Real Estate.

calgary, alberta...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip in March

We are planning a wedding in November at HI and would some advice on housing rentals. There will be about 20-30 people and it would be nice if we could get everyone near the same area and without paying an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip in March

Hi,

We want to marry on HI in October. We wanted to stay at Runaway Hill but it is closed then, so we are loking at other options. Do you know a good wedding planner? Any advice for me? Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip in March

October is seriously closed season (end of hurricane season). The whole place is dead until first week in November so I seriously suggest if you want to get hitched on HI then wait until at least the first week in November (second is preferable).

As for wedding planner, you need to speak to Ben. See http://www.littleislanddesign.com/

Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island
Recent Conversations