We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting homes

Which Harbour Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
169 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
renting homes

Has anyone rented a home in Dunmore town? We are thinking of renting a home in for 5 of us vs hotel and would like to hear anyones experiences. We thought Watercolor looked charming. . Any suggestions would be great . Many thanks in advance

London
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting homes

Hi there. I thought I should let you know that Dunmore "Town" (complete misnomer!) basically is Harbour Island!!! Renting "in town" basically means where the shops and older houses can be found (ie not Bay or Beach side). Watercolour is a very nice property right next to some of the main shops etc you will be going when staying...such as Dunmore Deli, Piggly, Arthur's Bakery (oh and Bristol Wine!!). I think staying in town is nice as you get a feel of the community that is HI. I wouldn't worry to much about noise etc because the periods when Piggly etc will be busy will be when you are on the beach in any event.

Go for it, you will enjoy!

MrF

boston
Level Contributor
169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting homes

thanks for the info. are you familiar with Catains Cottage on Crown Street?

London
Level Contributor
257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting homes

Hi sorry for the delay in replying, have been off for a while over Easter!

I only know Captain's Cottage from the outside (have never been in). That said, Crown Street is one of the nicest little roads on the island...very quiet (at Captain's Cottage level), narrow and cute!

4. Re: renting homes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island
Recent Conversations