We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from trip......Beware!

annapolis
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Back from trip......Beware!

We are back from our annual girls trip to beautiful Harbour Island. Once again, we had a spectacular time.....with one exception. We were booked to stay at The Ocean View Club, aka Pip's Place....after spotting it on last year's visit. From the moment of our arrival, we were made to feel uncomfortable and certainly unwelcome! Pip, the women who owns & runs the place, was the most pretentious, rude and downright obnoxiuos person i have ever encountered in all of my travels. As soon as we arrived to the dock, we bumped into friends we had met the previous year who offered to take us on a short boat ride.Why not! We made a quick call to Pip's to inform them that we would be checking in a bit later. After the ride, we returned to Valentine's for a cocktail. We arrived to Pip's around 6pm only to find that they had given our cottage away (where the 3 of could stay together) and put us in 2 separate rooms. When we questioned this, we were rudely abmonished for our late arrival....with Pip actually saying ...... " I have NEVER received a phone call from the staff at Valentines about my guests. And I don't know how YOU even found out about MY property..." She went on to say that she ran a particular find of establishment that catered to a 'certain' clientele....which we were not! I could keep going but will refrain.

The next day when a friend stopped by, at our request, who was a local no less, he was told that he was not welcome on the property & asked to leave!

Needless to say, this was the last straw, and we packed up our bags and found a beautiful little cottage in town that was just perfect! (Briland Breeze) We joke now that she did us a favor!

Just an FYI for those of you whose blood does not run blue!!!!

nyc
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from trip......Beware!

Pip is a very good judge.

nyc
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from trip......Beware!

Pip is a very good host and runs a great house. She runs a tight ship and a first class comfortable and welcoming retreat. The very best food on the Island. I trust her judgement and it is why we continue to return. W&W.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
910 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from trip......Beware!

Looks like a bunch of party girls wanting to stay at a place that is considered a relaxing and quiet retreat. Would love to hear the other side of the story.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from trip......Beware!

Glad you had a great time anyway! Too bad you weren't advised of the lodgings "expectations" for the guests upon booking. We like to "judge not".

annapolis
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from trip......Beware!

Thanks. It was a wonderful time despite our brief stay at Pips. As to the previous posts.....we were not a group of 'party girls' looking for a good time. We are all married with children.....and have traveled extensively.

6. Re: Back from trip......Beware!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island
Recent Conversations