We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HI house rental- family with 2 kids 10 & 13

Which Harbour Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
HI house rental- family with 2 kids 10 & 13

WE are thinking of renting a house in Harbour Island and narrowed it down to Chatterbox in town and Blue Dolphin on harbour. Does anyone have any experience with these properties? Is there enough to do with kids on island? Thinking of going to Atlantis for a couple of days first and then relaxing... thanks for any suggestions!

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
945 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HI house rental- family with 2 kids 10 & 13

Have you looked at Little Arches? It is a house divided into 3 units. It was nice and clean. We stayed upstairs in the one bedroom. You would want the downstairs. No others were there when we were there in October so we had the property to ourselves. Great owners and very short walk to a beautiful beach. I think your kids would enjoy it for 2 - 3 days. Especially the beach and riding around in a golf cart.

new york city
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HI house rental- family with 2 kids 10 & 13

I don't know the Blue Dolphin but we've stayed at Chatterbox many times. Perfect location for us as it's right in town and the grocery store, deli and bakery are all right there. Getting to the beach is a breeze from anywhere on the island so that wasn't an issue. It's a busy neighborhood during the day but when the grocery store closes it's quiet as can be (except for the roosters). I've yet to meet a child who didn't LOVE the beach and there are fishing and snorkeling opportunities if just hanging at the beach gets boring. Fabulous restaurants, wonderful people, I can't reccomend the island highly enough.

3. Re: HI house rental- family with 2 kids 10 & 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2016, 12:00
4. Re: HI house rental- family with 2 kids 10 & 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island
Recent Conversations