We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Water Quality

West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking Water Quality

Hello fellow TA'ers.

I'm looking forward to my first trip to HI in a few weeks and wondered how's the quality of the drinking water? Is the tap water (and ice,etc) at resorts/restaurants safe to drink? What is recommended?

Thanks!

Nick

North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Water Quality

We spent 2 weeks at Romora Bay a couple of years ago and didn't have any trouble with water or ice at the resort, or the other restaurants we went to. We didn't, however, eat or drink at any small food stands so I can't comment on whether or not that's safe.

Mentioned in this post
Romora Bay
Romora Bay
73 Reviews
Harbour Island
West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Water Quality

Thanks for the informative response!

Wellsville...
Level Contributor
44 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking Water Quality

The city water is safe for everything except drinking as water. For drinking water, buy imported spring water at Pigly.

Wellsville...
Level Contributor
44 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking Water Quality

Tap water good for bathing, teeth, cooking, etc. American bottled spring water for drinking. Local RO water OK but still a bit salty and metallic.

5. Re: Drinking Water Quality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Harbour Island