We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Nassau to Cape Santa Maria? Boat?

Sunbury, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Nassau to Cape Santa Maria? Boat?

I've found relatively cheap tickets to get into Nassau, but getting from there to CSM seems to be a hassle. My husband and I are going on our belated honeymoon (my mother passed away 1.5 months before we got married and he used up all of his vacation going to the hospital with me) sometime this year.

Are there any options for getting to Long Island by boat? I really don't want to spend another $200/person roundtrip flying there if I don't have to. We're trying to save up for a house and I don't want the honeymoon to take all of our house money.

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Nassau to Cape Santa Maria? Boat?

A boat would take quite a while, and personally I don't think it is practical.

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Nassau to Cape Santa Maria? Boat?

I took the Mailboat a few weeks ago... & loved it but it's like riding a freight train... very dirty and rocking on the sea for 20 hours.... my wife flew down the day after ( she would not have enjoyed the mailboat) and we had an amazing 2 week stay on Long Island.

great coral reefs everywhere

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Nassau to Cape Santa Maria? Boat?

looking into this destination as well. sounds like we fly into nassau and then take another plane. ugh i hate small planes!

so sorry you lost your mother...i hope you and your new husband have a wonderful honeymoon and a wonderful life :)

4. Re: Getting from Nassau to Cape Santa Maria? Boat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Long Island