We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beacon Cay - do you know anything about it?

CT
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Beacon Cay - do you know anything about it?

Hello-

Friends of friends of ours have a house on Beacon Cay - very rustic, no electricity, etc. Is this far from Long Island? I did a search but couldn't really find too much.

Thanks!

Peace River, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beacon Cay - do you know anything about it?

There's a Beacon Cay in the Exumas, but I've never heard of another at/near Long Island. Does it have another, perhaps local, name?

CT
Level Contributor
149 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beacon Cay - do you know anything about it?

To be honest, I don't know much about it. This is what the person said...

"The Cay sits about 3/4 mile from Long Island, at the entrance to the harbor at Clarencetown. Long Island is a very quiet and very safe place

The Cay, itself, is 75 acres +/-, open to the ocean on the windward side and a somewhat protected harbor on the leeward. There is much white sand and craggy coral."

Any thoughts?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Beacon Cay - do you know anything about it?

Haven't heard of it, but if you look on Google Earth, there are indeed two small cays at the entrance to the Harbor at Clarence Town, one of which appears to have a small structure on it. Looks quite rustic indeed, but sounds like a fun adventure

4. Re: Beacon Cay - do you know anything about it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Long Island
Recent Conversations