We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning trip to Long Island

Hanna, Indiana
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Planning trip to Long Island

We are planning a trip to Long Island in Nov. 2 questions: We arrive in Nassau at 1:47 pm. Is there enough time to get through customs and catch the 3 pm Pineapple Air flight at 3 pm to LI? Also we want to rent a vehicle for the week. Can we pick up a vehicle at Stella Maris airport? Need contact info.

Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning trip to Long Island

Clearing customs going into Nassau is not a problem.

Nov. 2 is a Monday so it should only take a few (20-25)minutes once departing your plane,,including luggage retrieval. Looks as if Pineapple Air is in the main terminal (not sure),,,so you shouldn't have a problem if you are on time ??? If running behind i would call them from the tarmack and let them know that you are on your way..they will most likely wait for you..

Allow 2 hours min. when returning. Clearing US customs in Nassau is a pain.

We stayed at Stella Maris and they made car arrangements for us. The SUV we rented was parked at the airport when we departed LI,,,so i am assuming that someone station's rentals at the Stella Maris airport... Jill at Stella may be able to help you with a rental car. . Ask for a high clearance vehicle if your party is smaller (2-3),,,although we never had a problem getting around. The vehicle we rented from Stella was MUCH better than anything we have ever had in Eleuthera....enjoy LI...

Stella Maris Resort:

(242) 338-2051/2053/2050

Fax: (242) 338-2052

Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning trip to Long Island

I agree with the above poster. I think you should be fine cathing the 3pm pineapple air flight. We rented from Stanley Pinder (242)-338-8987. He met us at the airport and we had to drop him back to his house about - 15min or so South of Stella Maris airport. That was fine by us. We got to see a little bit of the island. I would check what the drop off situation would be. We pikced him on our way to the airport which was fine as we were leaving from Deadman's Cay airport and his house is on the way to the airport.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,510 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning trip to Long Island

You should be able to make the Pineapple Air flight, though keep in mind, check in is 1 hour prior to departure. If you are not checked in by that time, your seats may well be given away, so if you are running late, it is best to phone them and let them know where you are.

The Pineapple Air counter is at the very end of the domestic terminal. When you collect your luggage, clear customs and exit the customs hall, do not go outside, just keep walking straight down the hallway to the very end of the building and Pineapple's counter is on your right in the corner.

Also be aware that your weight limit for checked luggage is 40 pounds per person on Pineapple Air. Depending on the fullness of the flight, they may let you go with heavier luggage with no extra charge, but just be aware.

Have a great trip!

4. Re: Planning trip to Long Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Long Island
Recent Conversations
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now