We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hello...hello...hello..........

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
hello...hello...hello..........

Where is everyone? Is Long Island that remote? The Eleuthera forum has a new post almost every day. Maybe we're on the right track if we want out island solitude. But it is nice to hear from people every once in a awhile!

Lawrenceville, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

I am considering renting a home on Long Island (Cape Santa Maria) this winter. It is either that or Cat Island.

ny
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

Haven't been back in a couple years but love LI. The beach at CSM can't be beat. Simply gorgeous.

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

Yes, it's that remote... That is the reason people are so loyal to it. We stayed at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort last year and there were less than 30 people there the entire time.

We will be back in 18 days :)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

Though I live in Nassau, I spend as much time as I can on Long island. Sure, it's isolated, but that is part of the magic. I'm 45 years old and spent most of my childhood on the island and even now go back for at least 6 weeks each year and am always amazed that there is still more to do and discover. Isolated does not mean nothing to do, though it does require a litle bit of adventure and a willingness to wander off the beaten path.

For those who've been, you know what I'm talking about. For those who haven't, find out for yourselves!

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

I am headed to Long Island with my sis in law in Feb 2011!

She'll make all the arrangements as she is an Island regular. We're staying at the Passionate Pelican - in or near Clarencetown...

Plan to snorkle off sis in law and Bro's lot on the Atlantic side...

While I know she will be leading me around all week - just curious what my TA buddies have to say about Long Island?!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

We have only been there once- for a week in June about 5 years ago but LOVED it- gorgeous. We stayed at Stella Maris but rented a car for 2 days and drove north and south- we had rented a scooter for a day before the car (to get some groceries, etc.) and stayed close to our end of island but realized we needed to go adventuring - we were glad we did. We also used the bicycles at SM as well as the rides they provide to the beaches and went on their boat snorkel and also the kayak trip. I would go back to Long Island in a minute but we seldom repeat as there are too many places still to see. Have a great time!!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

I sailed my boat there a couple years ago and stayed in Clarence town it is centraly located you must ask the marina there for the guy that gives you a island tour. Deans blue hole and the old morton salt ponds should not be missed. And do not worry about being remote there is daily plane service.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

We have our airfare booked - our lodging is booked and I'm getting quite excited!

Bro and Sis in Law was there over Thanksgiving - I can't wait to see their bit of paradise! (even though their house is only about half done!)

9. Re: hello...hello...hello..........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Long Island