We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rentals

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
car rentals

Good Afternoon

Can anybody tell me if there is a car rental place that will have the car at the Deadman Cay airport when you arrive and let you drop it off at the airport when you leave. Also does any of the rental places have an email address. I can only find telephone numbers. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Debbie

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: car rentals

There are a couple of rental agencies at (or at least very near) the DC airport. Mr. T's, and Ophelia's are two. I've used Mr. T, never used Ophelia's.

Phone for Mr. T is 1-242-337-1054. Tell him when you are coming and he should be there to meet you with the car. If not, then you can call from the terminal and he'll be there in about 5 minutes.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 19:03
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rentals

There are some rental companies by the airport, which may be of help to you. Have you tried Ellen's Inn at 242 337-1086 (ellinsinn@yahoo.com), or Hanna's Bling Bling at 242 337-1522 or Mr. T's at 242 337-1054 or Ophelia's at 242 337 - 1042 Those are all in or near Deadman's Cay which may not have the pick up/ drop off fees.

I did find a website for Ophelia's and Ellen's Inn

the-bahamas-car-rentals.com/opheliasrentacar…

www.ellensinn.com

Car rentals in the islands are rather informal, so it's not like finding an Avis or Hertz counter. The rental operators are largely one-man bands and do not have a store front per se. You phone them, tell them when you are arriving, how long you want the car for, then they meet you at the airport and hand over the keys while you hand over the cash. Most are not in a position to take credit cards, so plan accordingly. There are ATM machines on the island.

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car rentals

Thank you so much for your help

4. Re: car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 23:41