We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pineapple Air

Long Island, Bahamas
1 post
Save Topic
Pineapple Air

Fair warning!

DO NOT fly this airline!

They are unreliable and poorly run.

They made us wait for 8 hours after telling us there would be a "15 minute" delay, then flew us to the wrong airport and stranded us there.

Incredibly mismanaged bunch of rookies.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 02:49
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pineapple Air

I find that hard to believe, as I fly them regularly to Long Island as well as to Eleuthera (around 20 trips a year) and while delays are always possible, and there is a certain degree of casualness, I have always found Pineapple Air to be professional and well-run. The staff have never been anything but accomodating and polite, so I'm not sure what the problem was here.

Yes, there are times depending on passenger load that flights may be combined or make stops in a different order than perhaps stated on your ticket, but this has never been a problem and is largely the way things are done here in the islands. Not everyone is used to how things run locally, and I suppose that would seem strange if you were not familiar with the local culture.

Every airline has delays. Period. Pineapple has no monopoly on that. I've had more delayed US and Europe flights than Bahamian ones all in all. In fact, I've had many Pineapple flights to Stella Maris actually leave early (which is another reason checking in 1 hour prior to departure is a good rule to follow)

I hate to see reputations trashed unfairly. The OP does not offer much by way of detail, just a sweeping condemnation of Pineapple Air. That said, I recommend them wholeheartedly -- having flown them many times over the years. I live in Nassau and fly to the out islands frequently, and as disclosure, own no stock or have any financial interest in Pineapple Air.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pineapple Air

As Dusty says - any airline can have delays. That's part of traveling these days.

I don't understand your comment about taking you to a different airport and stranding you there. I wonder if you were confused by their variety of schedules and destinations. Did you get off the plane in the wrong place? Or book the wrong ticket?

OP has only one post and it's this? I won't listen to it.

I'm flying Pineapple air from Nassau to Deadman's Cay in May! I'm totally looking forward to it. I also have no ownership or financial interest in Pineapple air.

Safe travels!

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pineapple Air

This guy comes on for one post to throw a barb at a good outfit. He needs to be shut down by the moderators. Pineapple Air is a good domestic airline. We have flown them many times with only minor issues.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pineapple Air

Preeb, there seems to be an increase in "one post wonders", otherwise known as trolls, lately. Perhaps disgruntled former employees, or just rabblerousers who enjoy slandering from behind an annonymous camputer handle. I do hope the moderators are keeping up with this increase of the "loonies". Between these haters and the foodstore2go people making up new aliases to self-promote themselves, it's gotten a little out of hand, but I do think most travelers will have sense enough to see through the nonsense.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pineapple Air

Agree with you Dusty, as always. Lately there has been a rash of posters taking advantage of the spirit and intent of this site. And then they get p'd off when we call them out. Go figure. Really strange that I talked to an employee from a certain grocery service at Super Value this morning, and suggested they should promote it via TA. His response..."Oh we already do that, were all over that site". Of course I was setting him up. Pretty pathetic. But I trust that most, if not all visitors to this site will see that you, me, Scuba, Regkit, Tiger, and other DE's are posting the straight scoop.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pineapple Air

And once again to my TA friends, Scuba, Dusty, Tiger, Regkit, and anyone else I didn't mention...I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. I know I'm still enjoying mine....time for a refill. It's happy hour here on Cable Beach. Cheers.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pineapple Air

I'm glad to hear that most have had reliable service from Pineapple Air. Flying with them this Saturday into Stella Maris - first trip to LI and cannot wait!

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pineapple Air

I frequent the Italy forums and the same issue is there. One Posters / One Reviewer who either LOVE or HATE a particular business or service. I always take those posts and discount them.

Every now and then the poster is legit and they come back to answer specific questions in order to pin down the exact gripe. Usually it comes down to lack of communication, lack of understanding the language, and quite often, just plain stupidity.

This OP won't answer the questions asked - it's a plant and should be ignored.

Safe travels everyone else!!! I'll be at Max's in just a few weeks!!!

Provence
Level Contributor
3 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pineapple Air

Look, it's a small airline run on a shoestring, and you can not expect everything to go always to plan. I remember when Bahamas Airlines, as it then was in the '60s, flew DC3's, and our diaries from those days often record the planes as late / diverted / not arriving. Things were a bit informal. You could hand mail to the pilots to take to Nassau to post for you for instance.

Anyway, a recent visit showed that things haven't changed a great deal but that people seem to be doing their best in often difficult circumstances. If Ben H's 8-hour wait really happened then that is very, very bad, but for any flight to anywhere in the world that can happen now and again.

Let's be realistic about tiny airlines.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pineapple Air

Both my Pineapple flights in and out of Rock Sound this past weekend were 15 minutes EARLY and with absolutely no hassles whatsoever. A bit casual, yes, but ridiculously easy. From takeoff to being back in my Nassau home was a flat 45 minutes.

On the way up, the flight arrived 20 minutes early (having left 15 minutes early) and within 5 more minutes I was in my rental car headed north for Ride for Hope, a great annual charity event. Really kind of hard to quiblle wth that kind of ease!

Out island travel is as easy as you want it to be. I can never understand why many complain about how difficult it is.