We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

I know June through November is hurricane season but was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather is like on the island in terms of rain during the last week of November? I have seen lot's of information regarding the air and water tempertures but very little being said about the rain.

Thanks x 2

bahamas
Level Contributor
279 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

November is my favorite month! Rain really depends on what is going on in the US, cold fronts, snow etc. it's rare that rain lasts more than a day, or even all day. And on LI you can usually find sun somewhere on the island, as its 80 miles long. I haven't had any Thanksgivings rained out yet!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

That's great news..whew!!! I've seen charts on Bahamas.com that show temps are still in the 80's and water temps in the high 70's. We can't ask for anything better than that. This is our first trip anywhere in Novemeber since we usually travel mid-winter to places further south. I've grown tired of the Fall...it's just a reminder of the cold months ahead. Some articles I've read since booking mentioned November as being part of the raining season...I'm guessing a reference to Hurricanes . Since it's your favorite month then it must be ok!

Thanks x 2 ;)

Edited: 30 June 2013, 19:58
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

If there's a Hurricane there will probably be rain, but otherwise probably not

It would be a shame if everyone avoided The Bahamas for the whole hurricane season, since it's from June to November!

How long are you going for? The catch with going (and this applies at any time of year) for just a few days is if there is a weather system moving through, it could last 2 or 3 days, and if you're only here for 4 days - well... of course, this can happen to anyone on any vacation, anywhere. :(

Dean's Blue Hole! Max's Conch! Enjoy Long Island!

Edited: 01 July 2013, 03:12
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

We'll be there for 6. It's not a hurricane I'm concerned about at all, just long rainy days. I don't mind the short lived rain shower/thunderstorm as they add the tropical feel. Hope it 'll be a good week overall.

=)

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Long rainy days are unusual any time of year. Even now as we move into the height of the rainy season, it's more likely to be a shower or thunderstorm lasting anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or two, leaning toward the shorter period.

Today's forecast for Deadman's Cay on Accuweather is "Some sun, a shower, breezy." Right now here south of Clarence Town it's 84°F, sunny, light wind off the ocean from the ESE, and a few fluffy clouds drifting by. Could develop a shower, might not. Beautiful morning.

6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Long Island