We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driftwood Cafe

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Driftwood Cafe

Since TA won't add this restaurant to the list for Long Island, I cannot do a review. So I will post a forum topic on it.

We ate here after our dive with Stella Maris Water Sports. The restaurant is upstairs at the Stella Maris marina as is the marina office. Ian Moss runs the cafe, marina and diving operations. He has done wonders with what was just an old storage room. The decorations are really cute with a nautical theme of course and he has probably the only espresso machine on the island except for the resorts. I had a delicious "off the menu" lunch of grilled mahi mahi and caesar salad. My husband had the nachos. The menu and pics of the cafe are here: flickr.com/photos/…

There is a large screened in porch which is great for eating outside with a view of the marina. And after lunch if you want, take a dip in "the tank" which is a small but very deep pool used for dive instruction or just cooling off. Soon there will be hostel style rooms for rent which are right next to the cafe. It's a great spot for lunch or dinner. We will definitely eat here again!

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driftwood Cafe

sounds good to me!! we will definitely try it if we end up near there!!! thanks for letting us know!

2. Re: Driftwood Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Long Island