We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

Shanghai
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

We will travel in Merano and Ortisei area in August, and take buses and cable cars almost every day. Are there any cards for 1/3/5 days in south tyrol which can use public transportion (regional trains, buses, cable cars...) freely? If yes, where can we buy it? Bolzano will be the frist stop we will reach.

Thanks a lot.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

Hi again ny2sh.

The Val Gardena card costs 82 euros for 6 days or 62 euros for 3 days. Reductions for children. This card gives unlimited access to cable cars, lifts, and buses. You'll have to calculate whether it is worth it for you,

bearing in mind that that the cable car up to Seceda costs 28 euros return, to Alpe di Siusi 16,20 return, and to Rasciesa 17 return. You will probably want to use cable cars from the other towns in the valley, Santa Cristina and Selva which are included in the card and cost 16/17 euros each return.

Have a look at "www.valgardena.it" for further details.

Bear in mind that the Val Gardena card can only be bought in Val Gardena using a voucher that your hotel will give you (i.e. it's only for bona fide visitors lodging in the valley).

There is also a Mobilcard Alto Adige which covers trains and buses in the province but again, it depends on how much you expect to use it. This card can be bought at Bolzano for example. Google their site.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

Hi,

this website will give you more information about the Mobilcard. It's good value if you're moving around alot. http://www.mobilcard.info/en/default.asp

DD

Shanghai
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

Hi Appia,

Thanks a lot for your information. Yes, I checked the website and we can only buy Gardena card when we arrive in Ortisei. Good new is that I have booked rooms in Ortisei. It seems not good to book rooms so early, like 3 months in advance.

ny2sh

Shanghai
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

Hi Daisy,

I checked this website, 3 day card of south tyrol is good for us. Thanks a lot.

ny2sh

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

Yes, I'm generalising wildly here and some will say I'm talking rubbish, but on the whole Italians do not book much in advance (not as much as other nationalities do anyway). It seems to be rather "tempting fate".

I've noticed on these Italy forums in the last few days questions from other countries about Christmas and New Year! Now,it is still July and in this heat we are experiencing at the moment I doubt whether you'd find many Italians already thinking so long ahead.

Just my impressions.

6. Re: Day cards for buses, cable cars... in south Tyrol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 05:19