We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, I'm getting worried!! No accomodations for next year..

Ottawa
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help, I'm getting worried!! No accomodations for next year..

i have e-mailed 5 places in Canazei and Ortisei so far in the Dolomites for next April, from the 25th to the 28th, and all of them are closed during this period. Is anything opened al all??

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, I'm getting worried!! No accomodations for next year..

Hi,

We can recommend two very nice places, the Garni Ariston in St. Christina, Val Gardena and the Montanara in La Villa, Alta Badia, just over the Gardena Pass.

www.montanara.it

www.garniariston.com

We stayed at the Ariston in Oct. 2003 and the Montanara in Oct. 2006

Hope this helps.

Paul

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, I'm getting worried!! No accomodations for next year..

Here are some long lists of hotels and B&Bs for Canazei/Vigo area. Hopefully you canfind something from them: http://www.visitfassa.com/canazei/ and http://www.fassahotel.com/paesi/vigo_en.asp.

If you click on the website for a hotel (or find the website by searching on google) and then go to prices on their website, you can often see if its open in April (i.e., its open if they give a price for that time period) without having to email each one. Sometimes the smaller places are more likely to be open longer. April is pretty much the down season, though, it's time off between ski season and summer season. Also spring seems to come rather late in the Dolomites. You can see a lot of snow on the webcam pictures even well into May. On the other hand, it seems the fall lasts longer with relatively good weather into October.

Mansfield, GA
Level Contributor
465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, I'm getting worried!! No accomodations for next year..

Peter B&B in Canazei is open year around. We stayed there last May when many places were closed. Reasonable rates, clean rooms and beautiful views. Their website is www.garnipeter.it. From this site you can get an e-mail address.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, I'm getting worried!! No accomodations for next year..

The amazing Hotel Adler in Ortisei is open year round too.

On valgardena.it you can send your requirments to the tourist office, they will automatically forward your message to all local hotels/residence/apartments and the ones that will fit your needs, will directly get in contact with you by e-mail.

5. Re: Help, I'm getting worried!! No accomodations for next year..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 22:16