We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolomites skiing - Mar 2009

Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Dolomites skiing - Mar 2009

Hi

We are planning a trip from Canada to visit the Dolomite skiing area - 7 March 2009. We are then moving onto Austria for a week after that. I am trying to find the best place to ski which has a traditional Italian feel about the place. We are not really looking for hard skiing, but good skiing, snow-sure wise. We are meeting up with a couple from the UK and wondered if you could suggest a good area, easy to get to from the airport, good hotel and good food. We have narrowed down to Selva (not sure about this as some reports say you need transport) and Champuloc, but still not sure as we do not know the area? Would also like to do the Sella Ronda circuit whilst there. If there are other areas which seem to have it all, please advise. Thanks

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dolomites skiing - Mar 2009

For what it's worth, in June 2008 I rode in the 1-day Maratona dles Dolomites and stayed in the Hotel Costes in Corvara (www.costes.it). It is a very clean and comfortable family run 3-star hotel with a real Sud-Tirolean feel. A chair lift operates from the hotel parking area 30 meters from the front door, and provides access to the Val de Fassa and Alta Badia terrain networks. I highly recommend both the region and the hotel.

12. Re: Dolomites skiing - Mar 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 11:27