We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolomites in the First week of May

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Dolomites in the First week of May

I know we will be there off season, but am wondering about villages to visit and routes to drive. We will be staying in Cortina -- had trouble finding places to stay that were open in other villages.

What's the weather likely to be like at that time?

Thanks!

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolomites in the First week of May

Hello

In May the weather should be ok, but there will porbably still be a lot of snow around this year, which may make it seem colder. High level walks may be a problem, but low level should be fine, and the roads should be clear for driving.

You'll need to pack trousers and warm layers, a light waterproof to go over a fleece if necessary, and sunscreen for when the sun comes out!

If you look at other posts on the Dolomites forum you'll find lots of suggested toutes to drive. Do a bit of research and come back to us if you need any more help with specifics

DD

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolomites in the First week of May

thanks -- I did read many other posts as well as travel guides, but it was not clear to me if you could still reach many of the villages since so many do not have anything open. I have also reaad that some roads may be closed sometimes unitl June. I gather from what you have replied that is generally not the case.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolomites in the First week of May

There are a couple of passes on the "other side" of the Isarco river which are closed until later - the Stelvio pass for example, but the passes in the Dolomites area should all be open

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolomites in the First week of May

Thanks -- appreciate your reply.

5. Re: Dolomites in the First week of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 11:24