We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving to the dolomite mountains

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
driving to the dolomite mountains

Hello everyone, me and my girlfried renting a car from verona and gonna be for one week in north italy. We have one day for the dolomite mountains. how dangerous is it driving with a car? would you recommend to do it? if we have only one day, where should we go? (i prefer speciefic locations for my GPS)

thanks in advance!

Valle di Ledro
Mountains, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving to the dolomite mountains

At your place we'd go to Moena. It is really a pretty town with most of the building designed in alpine style.

It is surrounded by forrest and peaks, has good restaurants and its about an hour from the autostrada exit of Egna-Ora.

We have been there twice and brought back grappa and honey liqueur from a local distillery.

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving to the dolomite mountains

Hello,

where are you starting and finishing? Are you staying on one place, or travelling around?

DD

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving to the dolomite mountains

We are going to stay for one week in north Italy, in that week we want to

see lake Garda, the Dolomite mountains and Venice.

i don't really know how much time should dedicate to each area...

we are going to land in verona and rent the car there and we going to depart

from verona as well.

Do you have an idea how to spent thise 6 nights and seven days so i can enjoy all parts?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
105,090 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: driving to the dolomite mountains

The Dolomites are not treacherous to drive, and the roads are well-maintained - tripadvisor.com/…7322177

tripadvisor.com/…8302530

Also discussed here - tripadvisor.co.uk/…51095358

Vagabonda

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
8,157 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving to the dolomite mountains

It is not dangerous to drive to the Dolomiti

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: driving to the dolomite mountains

Hello, I guess a circular trip makes sense if you have a week.

I'd go to Venice first, then head up towards Cortina d'Ampezzo, which is at one end of the Dolomites. Then head through the Dolomites, taking in some of the mountian passes and maybe a cable car, towards Bolzano, maybe stopping on the way through for a night in Val Badia or Val Gardena. From Bolzano it's an easy drive down to the north of Lake Garda (get off the A22 at Rovereto and head towards Torbole/Riva) and then depending on what time you have left a leisurely drive down Lake Garda with a couple of stops on the way, or even a night in Verona.

You could, of course, do the same loop but in the other direction starting on Lake Garda.

Hope this helps

DD

7. Re: driving to the dolomite mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 07:18