We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Boston
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Transort to Corvara/Val Badia

Hey! We are a family of 5. We skiied at Andermatt last March, arriving there by train, via Malpensa. Aterwards, I went to visit a friend in Bolzano who took me up for a day trip to Piz La Ila. I am HOOKED! What an intoxicating corner of the world!! So, I am attempting to put together a trip for all of us this March. My friend didn't know much about public transport to, or in, that area. Any suggestions on which airport to arrive in? Munich, and then a train? Malpensa and train? (don't like to think about all the transfers with luggage!) Are there any airport shuttles to the area? My kids, by the way, are ages 10-15. I would be most grateful for any info. !

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transort to Corvara/Val Badia

You're right, skiing in Corvara and La Villa is great! To get there, you could fly into Bolzano airport (via Milan or Rome). Hence, a combination of train and bus takes you to Corvara. Complete public transport schedule for the entire Bolzano province are on line in English at http://www.sii.bz.it/en/benvenuti.php

There are also long distance bus services direct from Milan in season, but I couldn't find the timetables on line. Perhaps it's too early.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transort to Corvara/Val Badia

We are going to Corvara in January and have been investigating transport. The Alta Badia travel office has advised there is a new transport shuttle which connects with Ryan Air flights at Bergamo Airports or Brescia airport - this low cost bus takes you to Val Gardena and then your hotel in Alta Badia will organise a free bus to Corvara etc. If you look on the Alta Badia web page www.altabadia.org, you will see a Dolomites Transfer icon. If you click on that all the info is provided. I think it's only about 12 euros one way per person from Bergamo airport to Val Gardena and then as they say a free connection to your hote. Read the info carefully though as you have to send the bus coupon to your hotel and they book the free shuttle from Val Gardena. Hope that helps. Haven't used it but it's there for your info.

London
Level Contributor
563 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transort to Corvara/Val Badia

Just a bit more info about that useful new bus service. It's operated by Terravision and there are further details at www.terravision.it/dolomite_transfers.html#

The service runs at weekends from December 1st 2006 to April 9th 2007.

The route is Bergamo Airport > Brescia Airport > Bolzano > Ortisei > St Christina > Selva.

Departures from Bergamo are at 1045 (Fri, Sat, Sun) , 1500 (Sat, Sun) and 1930 (Sat, Sun)

Departures from Selva are at 0400 (Fri, Sat, Sun), 1000 (Sat, Sun) and 1445 (Sat, Sun). Journey time is around 3 hours 45 mins.

Terravision also runs a weekend bus service from Treviso Airport to Cortina and Toblach/Dobbiaco.

4. Re: Transort to Corvara/Val Badia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 04:19