We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any snow in dolomites?

Wroclaw
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Topic
Any snow in dolomites?

Hi all!

Im thinking about booking a holiday in dolomites on 17th of February. The tempretures are high around europe this year(even in Poland we had only 2 days with snow around New Years Eve! Now theres no snow at all and the temperatures are around 10C every day! Thats crazy:) ). I was in dolomites 3 times in the past and there has never been much snow, but the tempretures were under 0C so they could make some artificial snow and the slopes were always great! How does it look now, are the slopes all right? If I book a holiday is there a posibility that I will come and wouldnt be able to ski?Pls help!!!!!!!!

P.S Im going with my girlfriend and 2 other friends, thats going to be their first time to ski in the Alps and I realy would like to take them to Dolomites(I was in Austria and Switzerland but the warmest memories I have from Dolomites:))

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any snow in dolomites?

We're still running on artifical snow. Practically all the slopes are open and well prepared.

They're forecasting a light snowfall on Thursday/Friday, and then next week it's due to get colder

Province of...
Level Contributor
12 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any snow in dolomites?

Visit www.dolomitsuperski.com for web cam views and snow reports. It's looking good!

We were then over Christmas and 95% of slopes were open - most with excellent, if a tad hard-packed, snow. Recent falls and more due!

Go for it!

Canberra
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any snow in dolomites?

Have just returned from there where no doubt you know there was a dump 2 weeks ago. What freshies I could get were fantastic - unfortunately we were under the control of a guide who was very conservative & wasn't in favour of off-piste. I loved the area - the ambience, food, scenery etc. Wasn't too keen on Belvedere as it was very open & uninteresting, but Corvara, Alta Badia looked very pretty. I'd love to go back & spend more time there. Couldn't get over the numbers of skiiers though - especially after Cortina where we virtually had the slopes to ourselves.

Wroclaw
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any snow in dolomites?

Thx for Your replies:)

Im going there this Saturday(San Martino di Castrozza) and now I have to prey for the sun couse I know theres no snow problem:)

Celje
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Any snow in dolomites?

Hi!

I was been in Arabba last week (just sleep there :-), because I was skiing all around.) and I have one wonderfull ski holliday. Sun and snow all week. There is enough snow in slopes and around.

I wish you good vacation!

Bye

6. Re: Any snow in dolomites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:19