We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

Hi,

My partner and I are staying at Aonang for two nights in late April. For our final five nights we would like to stay on a beach/ island with turquoise waters and white sand. Has anyone got any suggestions for a lovely island/ beach, or secluded hotel? We would like to stay in hut like but quality hotel. We looked at Koh Jum but worried that beach not very nice, also Koh Phi Phi which seems very touristy. We also looked at going to Koh Lipe which looks amazing, but our return flight to Bangkok is from Krabi. And therefore we are worried about travelling five hours to the island, and then five hours back (which means that we would have to stay final night at Krabi shortening our time). Does anyone know similar places to Koh Lipe but nearer to Krabi?

Thank you ever so much in advance for your help,

Roxy

England
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

Have a look at Koh Lanta :)

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

Hi,

Take a look at koh kradan, it's quiet, has white sand and has both cheap and one delux bungalow beach options, there's also a place tucked away in the middle surrounded by vegetation. Not as far as Lipe either

Cheers

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

No obvious choice... There are quality resorts on Phi Phi far away from the crowds - Phi Phi Island Village (overpriced though). Pimalai on Lanta is good but the beaches are not REALLY white - slightly golden (much nicer than on Jum).Several Trang islands fits the description: Kradan, Muk (Sivalai!). Koh Yao Yai, but the beaches look great only at high tide. Railey and Phra Nang beaches are great but can be crowded and the hotel bungalows do not fell like beach huts.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 20:04
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

Dear peeps,

Thank you ever so much for your kind support, and advice. It is much appreciated.

I have been having a look at Koh Lanta, and we like Layana Resort, but it seems a bit too expensive at 200 pounds a night. We are struggling to find any other good hut like hotels with a good beach?

We've also been looking at Ko Kradan, and really like The Seven Seas Resort, which seems to be about 105 pounds a night. Ideally we would like to spend between 60-80 a night. Does anyone know any other quality resorts on Ko Kradan?

We have also been exploring Koh Mook, and like Sivalai Beach Resort. The frustrating thing is that we will be travelling from Koh Ngai to Aonang (Krabi) for two nights (for a wedding we are going to), and if staying at Koh Mook would need to travel back there, and then back to Krabi again to catch out flight to Bangkok. Does anybody know how long it takes, and fastest route from Aonang to Koh Mook.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated,

Roxy

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,326 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

Hi,

re Lanta - Layana is one of the two 5 star resorts on the island, but it has a wide range of accommodation from them right down to bamboo huts, this site will give you an idea of the range (though inevitable the cheapest huts do not register with agencies or have websites)

Select 'Lanta island'from the location pull down on the left

http://krabi.sawadee.com/

Personally before I got my apartment I used to stay in one of the Thai Houses at Thai House Beach Resort, loved the small one at the front, and the location can't be beaten IMO (I wrote a review some time ago)

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

Hi,

Regarding travel between those islands, Ko Mook is about 90 mins south of Ko Lanta on a ferry. Tigerline depart from Lanta at 10.00 arriving at 11.30 and Pakbara speedboat leaves at 13.00 arriving just after 14.00, both services stop at Ngai on the way. There are boats from Ao Nang to Lanta, but I think it's only possible to make the journey in a day if you take the 11.30 ferry from the Krabi pier and then connect to the Pakbara boat although it's tight. I guess a travel shop in Ao Nang could tell you if it's possible. Connections on the way back are a bit better to Ao Nang. The other way is to go overland to Trang and take a boat from Hat Yao pier, it takes just 30 mins to Mook from there departing at 11.30 or 12.30. You can also get a private longtail but that will cost. The above only applies when southern Andaman ferry services are running, approx Nov - May.

cheers

7. Re: most beautiful beach/ island near Krabi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:18