We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi to Langkawi

hartlepool
Level Contributor
9 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Krabi to Langkawi

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am going on holiday to Krabi this year and I wondered if it is possible to go on a day trip to Langkawi?

Has anyone done this journey? If so could you tell me the bext way to travel as I don't think you can fly direct from Krabi to Langkawi or can you??

Many many thanks and happy travelling

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,770 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

Not really feasible for a day trip. It's a 4 hour bus trip (quicker but more expensive by private taxi) to Satun. Taxi from bus station to the pier (taxi will take you direct) then a 75 minute ferry crossing. First ferry to Langkawi is 9.45am, last return from Langkawi is 4.30pm. There are 4 ferries each day. See www.langkawi-ferry.com/Home/Schedule.aspx and travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-250534.html

Not worth it IMO.

hartlepool
Level Contributor
9 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

Thank you so very much. This is really helpful. I have been to Langkawi several times and absolutely love it and it seemed so close to Krabi I thought I may be able to sneak in a visit while I was there.

Many thanks for you help

Mumbai
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

Thanks arandora for redirecting me here.

Some more questions ....

How often do buses depart from Krabi to Satun. What time do they start ?

You also mention Taxi from satun bus station to the pier but I've read that Taxis tend to rip you off, so is there alternative means - mini bus etc ? How long does it take?

Between 930 and 430 what are the other times the ferry departs for Langkawi?

We are planning on leaving our hotel in Krabi at about 900 in the morning - how long do u think it will take us to reach Langkawi ?

Mooloolaba...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

Did you get an answer to your question?? We're doing the same thing in June but I'm not sure whether it's do-able??

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,770 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

Reply #1 "Not really feasible for a day trip" if that is what you are asking. Otherwise what would you like to know is doable?

Mooloolaba...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

We are travelling from Railay (Krabi) and would like to go to Langkawi. Could you tell us the easiest, quickest way to get there? Do you know how long it takes?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,770 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

The information is in the links in Reply No.1. - easiest = taxi, quickest = taxi both then plus ferry, how long = 4 hours to ferry plus 75 minute crossing plus time in between plus time to wherever you are going on Langkawi.

Edited: 14 April 2012, 11:59
Mooloolaba...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

Thankyou!! I really appreciate the info!

Cheers, :)

hartlepool
Level Contributor
9 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

Would you know how much it would cost approximately for a taxi from Krabi to Saturn and how long it would take please

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,770 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Krabi to Langkawi

About 4500 baht and 3.5 hours according to this http://krabitours.com/rates.taxi.php