We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Thailand April/May 2013

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Thailand April/May 2013

Hi,

My partner and I are hoping to go to Thailand for our Honeymoon. We would be there for two weeks at the end of April/Beginning of May.

We are a little worried about the weather at that time as May is the beginning of the monsoon season. The rain doesn't bother us as I understand it doesn't last all day and wouldn't be every day but we are really keen to do a bit of island hoping but we’re worried the sea will be to choppy and stop us from doing this.

We will be travelling to Bangkok Phuket and Krabi.

Can anyone comment on the weather/sea that time of year?

Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Thailand April/May 2013

I am sorry, the weather forecasts for the time of your travelling are not yet published. I can be very hot with temperatures over 35° C.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Thailand April/May 2013

We have been to both places in May and there was no problem with the sea and we did quite a few boat trips, it was usually cloudy/sunny in the morning with quick heavy showers in the afternoon but nothing major.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Thailand April/May 2013

Having said that we were planning a week in Samui and a week in Phuket this last May and were glad we waited to see what the weather would be like before we booked the flight and accommodation as we ended up prolonging our stay in Samui because friends that were in Phuket had continual rain, however this wasn't normal for May

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Thailand April/May 2013

Thanks very much for your comments. I think we will go ahead and book it and keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

5. Re: Honeymoon in Thailand April/May 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:17