We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches

I am planning a honeymoon to Thailand over the Christmas/new years break. I know Thailand will be busy and that is something I'll have to except. However I'm extremely indecisive on which beach to go to. We want something absolutely beautiful, not super touristy, but with an awesome hotel.

Any suggestions on which beach to go to? I've heard Phuket is too crowded and Koh Samui isn't the best weather then. Should I go to the Krabi Province and if so where?

help!

Thank you!!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches

Koh Lanta

Bangkok, Thailand
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches

My suggestion Phranang Beach Krabi Province for budget about 200-300 US and Railay Beach about 100-150 US from there you can also visit small island during the day

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,582 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches

I agree with Koh Lanta, although most places in December will be packed with tourists. You could also consider further south in Trang.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beaches

If you want quiet, I would say Koh Lanta as well or even Koh Yao.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beaches

Having revisited Ralay Beach the other week from when we last did in 1999 I would be very disappointed as a honeymooner if I could only get the benefit of its beauty after the hordes of day trippers had left and had to join the other hordes on the beautiful little island beaches. Speaking Russian would be a distinct advantage too!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,582 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beaches

I've heard this about Railay - I was last there in 1994 so a lot would have changed since then, back then it was really quiet and laid back.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beaches

We just got back from a trip planned out with Andaman Sky, I suggest you consult them, they know everything about the region and laid on a wonderful holiday for us, with the resorts and activities picked out just for our needs. Lanta is wonderful, but too long there and I think you might get bored.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,567 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beaches

Look at the islands around Trat. Koh Chang, Koh Mak and Koh Kood.

I can highly recommend this hotel. tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1152744-d803…

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beaches

Thanks everyone. I don't think I want to go to Trat. I want to stay more south. Are the Krabi beaches beautiful ? The budget is relatively high so I'm looking for something that's very beautiful but still gives us the ability to do something .

Any thoughts?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beaches

I stayed at The Pimalai Koh Lanta christmas 2013 beautiful hotel although full never seemed busy speed boat transfer was fantastic beach was good a few beach bars within walking distance.