We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Sandton
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Hi guys,

I am staying in krabi for a week, however I have my fight back is from phuket. Can you please recommend an affordable but reliable way to get to phuket.

Thanks guys..

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Take the ferry from Ao Nang to Phuket. The ride will take about 2 and half hour. Not really sure about the cost but it might be around 500-700 (hope someone else will tell us the exact amount).

Another way as i read in the net is a bus which will cost u around 300-400BHT.

Forget about taxi as it will be very expensive.

My self will choose the ferry. Normally You will get good sun and nice views to see.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Hi,

Agree, travel by ferry and breath some sea air. You can take a ferry from Ao Nang to Phuket or from Krabi to Phuket via Phi Phi. Schedule and costs below:

www.phiphi-ferry.com/sailing-schedules.html

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Recently did the same. Ask one of the tour operators to arrange a shared taxi for you. Cost me and wife 600 baht in total. Picked us up from hotel in Ao Nang and dropped off at hotel in Phuket. Air conditioned taxi. Very pleasant trip. I see you from SA, R100 per person for a +150km journey. Well worth it.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 20:45
Sandton
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Thanks for all the replies..I am worried about carrying luggage in the boat. Nicky, that option sounds good... did you arrange beforehand or whilst at krabi? Any idea what was the name of the tour operator you took?

thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Private taxi will cost 2500 - 3000 bath and take about 2.5/3 hours. There is plenty operators offering this option.

http://www.krabishuttle.com/

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

We arranged it there while booking a island tour. It is like taxis that we have here in SA but only 10 or so allowed at a time. So you are not cramped in. Private taxi(Toyota Corrola) is an option at 2500-3000 baht one way.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

We arranged it there while booking a island tour. It is like taxis that we have here in SA but only 10 or so allowed at a time. So you are not cramped in. Private taxi(Toyota Corrola) is an option at 2500-3000 baht one way.

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Hi there we did ao nang to phuket in early Feb. We went on a ferry from Nopparat thara pier to rassada pier . Large ferry it was quite cheap by NZ standards. There was also a speedboat option at the same piers, a bit more expensive but considerably faster. While we booked through an agent, you could buy tickets directly at the Nopparat pier in aonang before departure.

Leigh

Sandton
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

Thanks Nicky..you're a star.. will be using the taxi.. for the first time... sure no taxi is as bad as our local ones..

Can I ask one last off topic question from you Nicky (since you're from as) did you get adapter plugs for your chargers in Thailand (would you also know how to user south African 2 pin plugs in Malaysia and Singapore as well)?

Thanks boet

Edited: 26 February 2014, 19:04
10. Re: Travel krabi/ao nang to phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:26