We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat

Hi, me and my boyfriend are going to Ao Nang in November and are wanting to go to Patong on a Saturday morning, and return the Sunday in the afternoon. The ferry timings aren't convenient and we don't really want to have a 3.5 hour drive. We're wanting to get a speedboat over but everything I can find online is more money than what I've heard it could be. Are we going to be able to just find any tour company over there and book for in a day or so? And in Patong are we going to be able to book one to come back on the same day or the Saturday when we arrive?

Thanking you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Krabi Sunset Cruises
680 Reviews
US$81 per adult
Free Cancellation
4 Island Tour by Traditional Longtail...
31 Reviews
US$24 per adult
Free Cancellation
Half-Day Rock-Climbing Tours at...
20 Reviews
US$31 per adult
Free Cancellation
5 replies to this topic
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat

https:/…By-Green-Planet

For your information only. You can find out more and book from any tour office in Ao Nang.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat

You're asking for a private speedboat right? Those things are never cheap. Probably will be cheaper on the ground than if you book online, there are a lot of opportunists flogging private speedboats online because there is more money in them. Both ways I'd be surprised if you can get cheaper than 40,000 baht. Compared to the cost of the bus or van which would be about 500 both ways per person...

Even when you get to Phuket you'll need to get a land transfer to Patong because it's the other side of the island, unless you want the speedboat to go around the bottom of the island all the way to Patong in which case it'd be even more expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Pune, India
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat

You are going to spend a minimum of 3.5 to 4 hrs to travel to Patong whichever type of transport you choose (For ferry/ speedboat you will require land transfer which will take at least an hour to drop you around Patong). However, I would suggest you to take private taxi which will give you the freedom to choose the time.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat

Thank you, I think we are going to be doing this as it seems the most logical option.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,499 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat

You can buy tickets for a seat in a shared speedboat for this route, from the travel shops in Ao Nang, though you do have a land transfer from the pier to Patong included in the price

It cost about a 1000bt one way a couple of years ago

Edited: 15 September 2017, 12:25
Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Reply to: Ao Nang to Patong by speedboat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted